• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 Years since Outkast dropped Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

YCoCg

One of those "I feel old" moments because I remember this coming out and all the hype surrounding it because it was a double album experimenting with different styles, released September 23rd 2003 a month after Hey Ya! and The Way You Move came out as a double single.

600x600bb.jpg

What tracks did the rest of you guys enjoy from this album?

I miss Outkast. They were a great group with a lot of really good music. I don't know how accurate any of this is, but it does work nicely as a comedy skit.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

That Happy Valentines song still slaps.
I have the album buried someplace.
Didn't they both not like working together, hence the separate works on the album?
20 years.... Fuuuuckk....

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
20 years.......holy shit. I remember picking this up on release in HMV.

Hey Ya is probably my favourite song from the album because of the nostalgic memories it gives me. 18 years old, house party at my mates house that go very out of control.

I remember snorting coke of some dudes bellend and then banging his girlfriend into oblivion while Hey Ya was blasting out around the house.

Good times.

Dr. Suchong

20 years.......holy shit. I remember picking this up on release in HMV.

Hey Ya is probably my favourite song from the album because of the nostalgic memories it gives me. 18 years old, house party at my mates house that go very out of control.

I remember snorting coke of some dudes bellend and then banging his girlfriend into oblivion while Hey Ya was blasting out around the house.

Good times.
Now there's a story to tell your Grandkids..

Salz01

Whatever happened to them? I guess I have to google it.

While the performance was well-received, it was clear that André 3000 and Big Boi were ready to take a break from Outkast. In the years that followed, both members pursued their own solo careers, with André 3000 focusing on his acting and fashion ventures and Big Boi releasing several solo albums

Last edited:
Top Bottom