• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 Gaming Christmas Present Thread

TexMex

Haven’t gotten games in years. I’m a horrible impulse buyer and get anything I have the slightest interest in through the year. People will try to get me figures or gaming trinkets for my desk at work.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I got Returnal. Yes- I am finally experiencing this game. All I have to say so far is that its a sensory experience I have never had before in a game. Fantastic.

What did you all get you filthy animals?
Christmas Holiday GIF by Adventure Capitalist

Batiman

Banned
My wife got me the XSX. Can’t believe she found one. Gotta set it up soon and play some Halo and forza. I was waiting on the halo campaign and forza till I got my hands on one. Now waiting has payed off. I’ll probably try the matrix demo just to wow her lol. Any recommendations to what’s good for graphical showcase right now? Curious to see how apex runs on it and fortnite for my son

TidusYuna

I got Returnal. Yes- I am finally experiencing this game. All I have to say so far is that its a sensory experience I have never had before in a game. Fantastic.

What did you all get you filthy animals?
BQGDeA.gif

Sorry, Mike. I've never had a chance to use that gif until you came along. Enjoy Returnal.

macaulay-culkin-merry-christmas.gif

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wife got me some great headphones and clothes. Only gaming purchase was Little Big Planet 3. She always buys a random game, sometimes they're hits, sometimes misses.

That being said, the LBP series is pure shit as far as I'm concerned, lol. Made a thread to see if others think it's the worst designed platformer. We played it for a few minutes and without me saying anything, she remarked, "why are the controls so bad, why does it feel so floaty?"

Doom85

Got the Blu-Rays for the anime series Dororo and Appare-Ranman!, as well as the Dungeons and Dragons campaign book Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. And a few gift cards.

Clover904

I received a fifty dollar psn card. Now I’m debating on getting Ratchet & Clank on ps5 for $50 rn, or wait for a lower sale and preorder Horizon Forbidden West.

Is Ratchet & Clank ps5 worth $50?

Last edited:

Daymos

Xanadu Next. Ive found I really like games that look like the PS2/Xbox/gcn/2005ish PC era. Got Ys Origin too.

I received a fifty dollar psn card. Now I’m debating on getting Ratchet & Clank on ps5 for $50 rn, or wait for a lower sale and preorder Horizon Forbidden West.

It's not if you have a pretty limited gaming budget. You'll blast through the game in no time.

It is a good game though and a great showcase of early next-gen hardware.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Preorder Forbidden West, trust me. I loved R&C, but it’s been out long enough FW will be awesome to play with the community.

Kuranghi

Preorder Forbidden West, trust me. I loved R&C, but it’s been out long enough FW will be awesome to play with the community.

Seconded, especially if you've played other Ratchet games its amazing looking and it was a great game but its kind of a letdown as a fan in terms of guns, secrets and such even if the moment to moment gunplay is better thats its ever been probably.

I say get Ratchet under $40 and preorder Horizon Forbidden GingerMuff.

Too short for 50 bucks digital. Try to get it on disc and resell it or wait for 20 bucks.

.hacked

Ps5, black controller & black face plates

And I had to take off face plates.

After a 2hr Ratchet & Clank session I got the your Ps5 is over heating warning.

After a few hours of testing face plates off, 3rd party ones on and original white I could only get it to over heat with the 3rd party face plates.

Weird plastic is little thicker on 3rd party face plates and the attachment points are soild plastic flaps instead the of hollow arch tubes of the 1st party set. Could that be blocking air flow? Well 1st party replacement on preorder.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

I can buy what I want whenever I want but I always save a few games to buy myself for Christmas. Plus, my parents like to give me an extra gift card to use for games as part of my gifts - I'm all digital

Series X:
Chorvs
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

PS5:
Ratchet and Clank
Kena

Switch OLED:
Metroid
Monster Hunter Stories 2

I also bought my Nephew physical copies of Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers for Xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom