• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] The 2 Bluepoint games are Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy and Legacy of Kain Remake, both for PS5

Shrap

I know that, but most people I talked about this with said that "Land of the Giants" is the world of Dark Souls 1.
We can see what Land of the Giants is supposed to look like so it doesn't even make sense to call it Dark Souls.

I'd rather see From's original vision fulfilled and have that last archstone restored as they had planned.

Not interested at all with those remakes. I want NEW ips, a diversity of them like tv shows. Jak reminds me ratchet. And ratchet was really crap on ps4. Hated it, coming from someone whi enjoyed a lot ACIT.

It looks like subpar generic derived pixar movie game. And pixar movies are mostly today completely crap,

turtlepowa

Banned
Both not interesting to me. I want new ips or if it has to be old stuff a remake/remaster of Sheep Raider and Simpsons Hit & Run.

mcz117chief

We can see what Land of the Giants is supposed to look like so it doesn't even make sense to call it Dark Souls.
It makes perfect sense (well, not perfect, it is a stretch really, but I like it :D). There is an area in Dark Souls called "Tomb of the Giants" so it would make sense for a tomb to be near the place where the ones who are laid there, the giants, lived. In Dark Souls 2 it is said that the king went to the Land of the Giants. Putting two and two together you can deduce that they are talking about Lordran so it is very likely that the last archstone in Daemon's Souls does lead to Lordran. It is a fan theory and it makes sense and until From software says no it will be part of my canon.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
same here
If soul reaver is on PS5 (only) at release i'll buy it day one.
if it can give me the same feeling i had trying the demo at the time...OMG

Thinking about it can those rumors be sony developing games for third party publisher for console exclusivity ?
what do you think VFXVeteran VFXVeteran ?

I doubt it.

Shrap

It makes perfect sense (well, not perfect, it is a stretch really, but I like it :D). There is an area in Dark Souls called "Tomb of the Giants" so it would make sense for a tomb to be near the place where the ones who are laid there, the giants, lived. In Dark Souls 2 it is said that the king went to the Land of the Giants. Putting two and two together you can deduce that they are talking about Lordran so it is very likely that the last archstone in Daemon's Souls does lead to Lordran. It is a fan theory and it makes sense and until From software says no it will be part of my canon.
Well, we already know the 6th archstone doesn't lead to Lordran since the actual area it was supposed to lead to was left in the game files.

I just hope we do get a remaster of the game. It's been so long since I played it and I only ever went through it once so I'm sure I missed a lot.

Not interested at all with those remakes. I want NEW ips, a diversity of them like tv shows. Jak reminds me ratchet. And ratchet was really crap on ps4. Hated it, coming from someone whi enjoyed a lot ACIT.

It looks like subpar generic derived pixar movie game. And pixar movies are mostly today completely crap,

Insomniac had less creative control on the PS4 Remake R&C game because they had a movie that coincided with the game (that butchered the great story of the original for something lame, mind you), and they happened to base the game off the movie as a tie-in selling point. The game is told from the perspective of an unreliable narrator giving an account of how things went down originally some years after the fact for this reason.

It's a lame cover up idea IMO (why not just.. not release a subpar remake of the original instead of, you know, releasing it...???) but at least they tried to make it seem non-canon. I still cant imagine myself as Ted Price giving the OK and signing off on it though, knowing full well the story of the original game and the atrocities they've done to it in the name of making an R&C movie (which had it's sales bomb).

Ted Price is a great dude, but that R&C movie was probably one of the biggest mistakes in the R&C franchise' history. The game sold well off of nostalgia and I guess some of it had to do with the prospect of a movie being tied to it, but it was still not a highlight for the series IMO as someone who's been a fan of the series since I was a kid. I've played nearly every one of them and was disgusted at what i saw on the PS4 remake. It was so out of character, like an imposter game trying to be R&C.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Well, we already know the 6th archstone doesn't lead to Lordran since the actual area it was supposed to lead to was left in the game files.
You are missing the point here. The missing files aren't canon, whatever is left in the files is irrelevant to the story. If there was a model of Darth Vader hidden somewhere in the files of Daemon's Souls it wouldn't mean that Darth Vader is part of the world. I know, of course, about the un-finished location which was supposed to be the 6th archstone, but it isn't in the game so it isn't officially the 6th location. And of course it doesn't literally lead to Lodran since Lodran didn't even exist when Daemon's Souls was made.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Remaking demon's souls make no sense. Its already a masterpiece and very playable today. If you are into souls games that is.

These 2 definitely are older and would benefit from a remake.

I fully agree.
Legacy of Kain and Jak and Daxter deserves a Remake treatment much more, rather than the predictable (and today's even redundant) Demon Souls.

D.Final

Banned
ok
i don't understand why square will let one of their licence to sony then.
even konami.

If Square Enix requests commissioned work to Bluepoint Games studios, it is technically possible make a Legacy of Kain Remake, even exclusively for PS5.
(a bit like when he entrusted the work on FFVII Remake to CyberConnect)

S0ULZB0URNE

I just hope we do get a remaster of the game. It's been so long since I played it and I only ever went through it once so I'm sure I missed a lot.
They can make them lead wherever they want...

Shrap

You are missing the point here. The missing files aren't canon, whatever is left in the files is irrelevant to the story. If there was a model of Darth Vader hidden somewhere in the files of Daemon's Souls it wouldn't mean that Darth Vader is part of the world. I know, of course, about the un-finished location which was supposed to be the 6th archstone, but it isn't in the game so it isn't officially the 6th location. And of course it doesn't literally lead to Lodran since Lodran didn't even exist when Daemon's Souls was made.
They can make them lead wherever they want...
Connection to Demon's Souls
Isomura: Let's start with the story-related questions… Is there any connection to Demon's Souls?

Miyazaki: I would be yelled at if I wouldn't say no.

Isomura: There are some people who hint that…

Miyazaki: It must be a coincidence! No, really, there's no connection. No real connection.

Isomura: The more you keep explaining it, the more it sounds like you're lying!

Murohashi: The transition between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is a special circumstance, I guess?

Miyazaki: Yes and there's no connection. We just reused some characters, my favourite ones… I use them in a Star System, mostly for fun.

Murohashi: So, to clarify, characters like those are…?

Miyazaki: Patches, for example. This was his third appearance: his first was in Armored Core. I was like, "hmm, everything we make in the future will have Patches in it!"

Murohashi: This time, he does "Prostration".

Miyazaki: Yes, indeed and the player can learn the gesture, too. Anyways, there is no connection. Officially, it's just a "coincidence" that they look alike… it's just for fun!

From the man himself. Can we move on now?

4chan lol.

giphy.gif

Moogle11

Banned
I don't really care about Jak and Daxter, but would totally be down for a Legacy of Kain remake. I tried to play it back in the day, but while I liked the story the game was pretty janky and the load times were awful. I remake that fixed that would definitely be something I'd play.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh yeah, this thread

Haha

Arachnid

I really don't take anything seriously from 4chan. but it's clear some people on here do.
Honestly, I get it. We have had legit leaks come from 4chan in the past (which is why people still jump on any morsel from the site). We've had waaaaay more made up rumors from them though. This year especially. It's been nonstop. The anonymous nature of the website practically invites those fake leaks.

Honestly, I get it. We have had legit leaks come from 4chan in the past (which is why people still jump on any morsel from the site). We've had waaaaay more made up rumors from them though. This year especially. It's been nonstop. The anonymous nature of the website practically invites those fake leaks.

That's probably why people keep posting these rumors. it's because of a couple legit stuff that turned out right. gave more incentive for the ones who just want post nonsense a reason.

When you can't stop leaks, you spread so many fake leaks that people don't know what is real or not, thus protecting your information from being leaked.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the fake shit from 4Chan comes from devs

Everyone could tell this rumor was so full of it. Two games? Bluepoint is big but not that damn big to work on two full fledged remakes. plus Jason schrier (sorry for butchering your last name dude) flat out confirmed it lol.

Top Bottom