• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$50,000 spare? Star Citizen wants your cash

TVexperto

Another year, another ludicrously priced "whale bait" pack for a game that's still stuck in Alpha after a decade? RSI is really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. $48,000 for ships in a game with one star system?

other space sims are pushing the boundaries of graphics and gameplay. Star Citizen feels like a relic from a bygone era, all hype and no delivery. For that kind of money, you could buy a tricked-out VR rig and explore the actual universe with some real space documentaries.

This whole situation is starting to feel like a sci-fi horror story where people are willingly emptying their wallets for a half-finished dream. Wake up, sheeple!

Last edited:

lockdown2222

Neo Member
Out of curiosity has anyone done any true investigative journalism or a documentary on this? I’ve followed these kinds of updates for over a decade and there’s gotta be some kind of reckoning. CNBC should do an episode of American Greed on this lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I told all my friends about it. Let the people spend how they want. I hope the same level of fairness is there when these games come out. Probably some of my most anticipated games ever.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

IAmRei

i recall a friend of my networking friend is spent $50.000 on a mobile game, just to flexing because his friend who is owner of fashion shop in local market, spent $20000. and the game is shitty mobile game.... my game dev friend also said that there is one people, who actively keep supporting one of their game, by buying $2000 monthly, just because this person had fallen love with their game...

RickSanchez

Gold Member
As someone else pointed out in this thread that this is an old pack that has been available for many years. I also read on reddit that these super-expensive packs were apparently "asked for" by some of the 'whales'. Apparently there are rich, dedicated fans who want every purchasable item in the game in a single pack. And it is available only to people who have already spent a lot on the "game". So CIG can claim that they're only selling these packs because there is a demand for them. This is hearsay on my part, i do not know how much of this is true.

As for why anybody would go near this "game", apparently there is one somewhat-playable star system in there. So if you jump in now, there are apparently some basic quests to be done. Some ships to fly, some space station to explore. So there's something to there.

How much that is worth is completely a matter of individual perspective. And at what point CIG stops calling it a Beta and declares it 'ready' is also anybody's guess.

Ribi

Did you just post the yearly legatus pack from January in March from a website I've never fucking heard of? Do you own this site OP?

Top Bottom