• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 out of 10 of the Steam Top Wishlisted Games are coming to Game Pass Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox Machina

Banned
Been meaning to make this thread for a bit, since I think this is a pretty interesting measure of interest in the games Xbox is bringing to Game Pass.

wTVBJ3G.png

Starfield
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Party Animals
PAYDAY 3
Cities: Skylines II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
ARK 2

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh cool, didn’t know Hollow Knight was game pass.

StueyDuck

This is a weird take considering wishlisting is such a give or take metric. Many either wishlist everything and many don't bother wishlisting at all.

Like I get the thread is all about game pass and being cool. But this may as well be some guys Twitter opinion.

I "heart" so many games on the Nintendo store and barely buy any of them 🤷‍♂️

Vox Machina

Banned
This is a weird take considering wishlisting is such a give or take metric. Many either wishlist everything and many don't bother wishlisting at all.

Like I get the thread is all about game pass and being cool. But this may as well be some guys Twitter opinion.

I "heart" so many games on the Nintendo store and barely buy any of them 🤷‍♂️

Well, no offense, but you're 1 guy. Steam Top Wishlists are a decent enough representation of Steam's 20M+ install base. Steam Wishlist metrics are an important measure for developers. They use it to gauge pre-launch interest and as leverage in dealmaking with partners.

StueyDuck

Well, no offense, but you're 1 guy. Steam Top Wishlists are a decent enough representation of Steam's 20M+ install base. Steam Wishlist metrics are an important measure for developers. They use it to gauge pre-launch interest and as leverage in dealmaking with partners.
Well no offense but magic numbers are not real numbers 🤣 how highly wishlisted was valheim before it released...

Phasmophobia

Vampire survivors

And so on...

Pre-orders would be a great number to go on because it's actual sales. A wishlist costs nothing and can be done on a whim.

And to your point that's probably exactly why the top 7 games are gamepass games 🤣 they just making a deal based on nothing numbers. I imagine party animals is barely gonna sell when it releases

Last edited:

Tsaki

These metrics are very iffy. "Games on Game Pass people won't play since they are Top Wishlist-ed on Steam"

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This definitely wouldn't be my top 10, but they are doing a solid job of getting some sought after stuff.

Of this list, the only one I truly looking forward to is Starfield. Stalker seems cool but I didn't get to play the 1st one, so I can't really be that hyped just yet. The rest are not highlights for me, but I will try them.

I'm more excited about some other stuff like Ghostbike, Replaced, Cocoon. Shadow Legacy, Flintlock, Jusant, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned
Well no offense but magic numbers are not real numbers 🤣 how highly wishlisted was valheim before it released...

Phasmophobia

Vampire survivors

And so on...

Pre-orders would be a great number to go on because it's actual sales. A wishlist costs nothing and can be done on a whim.

And to your point that's probably exactly why the top 7 games are gamepass games 🤣 they just making a deal based on nothing numbers. I imagine party animals is barely gonna sell when it releases

Sure, hits do come out of nowhere. Party Animals is 38 on Steam Top Sellers despite not even being released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom