• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

71% of College Students Prefer Macs Over PCs According to Jamf Survey

sendit

I use a mac at work (developer). Having native bash is a huge plus. With that said, I have not experimented with Windows 10 since the update to support bash.

bitbydeath

I work with both Macs and PC’s. PC’s have by far the most issues. Like an 80/20 split.

Even Microsoft Office works better on Mac.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I work with both Macs and PC’s. PC’s have by far the most issues. Like an 80/20 split.

It’s weird how that works, in regards to office. Have you ever used open office? It’s free and works better than MS office.

Bogey

Banned
1. Hardware: PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MAC

2. Operating System: MAC>>>>>>>>>>>>>PC

3. Durability: MAC>>>>>PC

4. Customization: Of course PC you fucking idiot

Definitely agree on #1 in terms of bang for buck.

I don't at all agree to #2, but I've used windows for most of my life (even though we do own a Macbook as well), so I'm very biased. What would you say are the benefits of MacOS? I find the UI very clunky, in particular when multitasking, I find handling/switching between a large'ish amount of windows an absolute pain. And of course the fairly limited pool of software available for MacOS.

#3 I can't really judge. Is there any study that would compare Mac durability to that of larger windows laptop manufacturers at comparable price points? From an anecdotal point of view, our Macbook has been running well for ca 5 years now, though to be fair, even a ca. 12 years old windows laptop of mine that originally cost around 400 bucks, still runs absolutely fine (of course on terribly outdated hardware by now). I do know a few stories from friends whose Mac broke realtively quickly after the end of the guarantee period, but wouldn't really generalize here.

Definitely agree on #1 in terms of bang for buck.

I don't at all agree to #2, but I've used windows for most of my life (even though we do own a Macbook as well), so I'm very biased. What would you say are the benefits of MacOS? I find the UI very clunky, in particular when multitasking, I find handling/switching between a large'ish amount of windows an absolute pain. And of course the fairly limited pool of software available for MacOS.

#3 I can't really judge. Is there any study that would compare Mac durability to that of larger windows laptop manufacturers at comparable price points? From an anecdotal point of view, our Macbook has been running well for ca 5 years now, though to be fair, even a ca. 12 years old windows laptop of mine that originally cost around 400 bucks, still runs absolutely fine (of course on terribly outdated hardware by now). I do know a few stories from friends whose Mac broke realtively quickly after the end of the guarantee period, but wouldn't really generalize here.

2# there is a tab on the key board to break down all windows into smaller ones on the same screen

Don’t know what you mean by limited software there are literally so many apps for MAC and great creative and artistic software for artists like myself. Not to mention you can use the full Microsoft suite for word, PowerPoint, Excel and so on. Mac is just way easier for me to organize and use what ever program I want. I rarely ever had any software issues.

3# This is just from personal experience and only their laptops I should clarify, but every PC laptop I have owned has deteriorated within 3 or more years. My MAc bookpro which is pretty old now almost 7 years old now still runs beautifuly

joombo

Banned
That's true! I also use my mac for studing moslty. Luckily I've already passed all exams. It was a real nighmare. I'm glad that I found reviews about best writing services on Paidpaper.net to help me with my writing works.

Last edited:

It's the exact opposite at our organization. maybe it's because Macs outnumber the PCs here so we just see more of them in the shop. I know when our team was issued macbooks all but two failed during the setup by our techs. Since then everyone's been in and out of service at some point, usually ending in a re-image. Our PCs keep trucking.

PSYGN

wu_top-650x300.png.pagespeed.ce.1rIFgfTgKc.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom