• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA bringing 7th Dragon III Code: VFD to North America

Whoa. WHOA.

I know the first game was supposed to be Dragon Quest as Etrian Odyssey was to Wizardry, does that still hold up in this one?

This one (and the 2020 games) has a futuristic setting, but the main mechanics are largely the same as the first 7th Dragon. Basically EO with 3rd person exploration and smaller parties. The game that SEGA is bring over offers multiple Squads comprised of three members each for you to set up.

Aki-at

SEGA, please stop, you're announcing too many things for America, remember Europe exists too! :<

The more announcements that keep coming the more confident I'm getting in stuff like Valkyria Azure getting announced. Thank you Haruki!

RK128

SEGA you're a global fucking company. Announce your games for a WW release from the start. We still havent heard about Yakuza 0. fuck
I'm so tired of this shit

That is strange, as if they are localizing the game into English, why not put out in all the regions you can :l? I guess they are having a big EU blowout in the coming month or so, with release dates for their retail games coming out then.

When was the last time Sega actually localised something this niche to the west.

How strange, I hope they look into their backlog and bring their missed stuff over.

SEGA, please stop, you're announcing too many things for America, remember Europe exists too! :<

The more announcements that keep coming the more confident I'm getting in stuff like Valkyria Azure getting announced. Thank you Haruki!

that and I hope Kiwami and 6 eventually come over as well.

Would SoE be having distribution problems? maybe that's why they've been quiet on these releases?

TimmiT

SEGA's good about Europe. Their Europe release dates are always on, around, and sometimes before the American releases.

Or they used to be at least. This is the third game Sega has announced they're releasing in the US that hasn't been announced for Europe.

It's great that Sega America is putting more effort into localizing games, but Sega Europe really needs to keep up.

kunonabi

Awesome news, I've wanted to play this series forever. The Great Ace Attorney and Style Savvy 3 would really make this year into a stellar sendoff for the 3DS. Too bad that isn't going to happen.

This one (and the 2020 games) has a futuristic setting, but the main mechanics are largely the same as the first 7th Dragon. Basically EO with 3rd person exploration and smaller parties. The game that SEGA is bring over offers multiple Squads comprised of three members each for you to set up.
Cool, I will definitely pick this up.

Would SoE be having distribution problems? maybe that's why they've been quiet on these releases?

All SEGA Europe cares about these days is their PC games like Total War. Their social media barely talks about anything else

The release of Hatsune Miku for 3DS was an utter joke. The game was impossible to find for months after release
How can companies like NISA, Idea Factory and Koei Tecmo do it so right but a company like SEGA can't. Mind-boggling

Aki-at

I definitely think those two would be coming over now, however I hope they try squeezing the games into one year. I know 3 Yakuza games might be too much for one year but will never catch up with the Japanese schedule at this rate!

Second bit, they don't, they're bigger than SoA/Atlus! SEGA Europe IIRC distributes directly in the UK but in main land Europe they use publishers like KochMedia I believe.

All SEGA Europe cares about these days is their PC games like Total War. Their social media barely talks about anything else

The release of Hatsune Miku for 3DS was an utter joke. The game was impossible to find for months after release

I don't think this is entirely true, they're the ones behind the PC port intuitive so the reason behind Valkyria and Sonic: Lost World PC ports so it's not simply *just* Total War and Football Manager. I'm still hopeful though but we'll see.

This has Yuzo Koshiro's music as with the previous games, correct?

You're right, and the director was the same director behind Phantasy Star 0 (Masayuki Kawabata) and producer (Juro Watari) is known for Virtual On.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Sega of America is in beast mode right now holy crap. Keep in mind this is without any Sonic games yet. I'll need to pick up Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (new) at some point and maybe this too, I dunno. Love the physical copies, love Sega.

The tagline for this game seems like it could apply to Sega this year:

Transcend Time. Sever fate. The curtain...RISES NOW!

There was never a hint of this game coming West before now, was there? The previous three didn't.

PSO2 next?

L~A

I think that pic is appropriate for the 3DS in 2016:

CaOp9ixWEAEKFyS.jpg:large

Alboreo

Really hyped for this, I've always been interested in this series and I'm excited to finally get to play it. :D

I... but...

Holy crapola. Now if they can bring the 2 PSP 2020 games over, maybe digital only as an offering for the Vita...

Top Bottom