• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A flash game inspired by the early stages of Spore

Jacobi

Banned
Damn this rocks. Did I play this against other players ? This would fit the DS SO PERFECT, with Wi-Fi !

saelz8

This is really great, suprisingly it has alot of atmosphere.

Edit. Oh shit, I restarted the game and this time I evolved differently. I have arms! Awesome!

yeah, fear me.
image2491rh.png

Killed everything. The large squid in depth-lv 7 or so was a bitch tho.
Now if I don't find a Mrs.flow, it's dying time now, I guess :[ So much for evolution...
The guy should keep on working on the game.

Zensetsu

I couldn't figure out how to eat the big circular thing that keeps flashing orange....I killed the smaller ones by accident but the big one keeps tearing me a new one.

Eat the biggest circular components when it turns white, I think. I ate everything in all of the depth/evolution levels...and there wasn't anything else to do but wander aimlessly. I enjoyed it, tho. It'll be interesting to see if they take this further.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MightyHedgehog said:
Eat the biggest circular components when it turns white, I think.

It doesn't have to be white - you can eat the bits when it's orange, although in the orange state it's actively trying to beat the crap out of you, so it may be a little more difficult. :)

Heh. You're right. I was too stoned to see that I could still eat their pieces while they were orange. It's when they fade to blue/go deeper down to avoid you that you can't touch them.

The game's a pretty smart design in psychological/visual understanding. I love all of the subtle cues for the player, such as the radar pings to let you know where you can ascend/descend are in relation to your current position. The way you attack enemies and the Serpentine-style segment growth and fill-in of the worms, both yours and theirs. The ability to see across levels is pretty cool, too....giving you an understanding of what to expect. And the music reminds me of Ecco on the Genny...soothing, whale song-sounding stuff. Good shit to play while stoned, I say.

Saw that on Digg a couple days ago, was pretty fun...

but damnit the guy that looks like you at the bottom is to hard for me to beat :'(

Trurl

Banned
That was pretty damn cool. I hope that the early stage of Spore has the same quality of atmosphere.
More importantly I hope my PC can play Spore.

This game is awesome! Great find!

I evolved and went so far into the black and ate several creatures similar to myself that the game went all the way back up to the top with a different creature and this time the background is a muddy yellow.

Top Bottom