• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Letter To White Gaffers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
...And every white man and woman in the nation.

Now that i’ve come down from Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, I would like to address many of you.

Many of you voted for Trump Tuesday, and it broke my heart. I had so much faith...too much. I knew bigotry in this country still existed and was strong, but never believed that we could elect someone like Trump, who has openly belittled so many of the people who are your neighbors. You voted for this man. I know that you all had your own reasons. Reasons that weren’t necessarily racist, or sexist, or homophobic. But you are responsible for the election of our most bigoted leader in recent history. You’re responsible no matter how you try and justify it. For whatever reason that you voted, you voted for bigotry too. You can say that it’s not your value, but you decided that bigotry was worth it. You voted for you at the end of the day. You voted for a man that you say will make your life better. You voted at the expense of others. You voted for you.
You didn’t care about me, my sick mother depending on Obamacare to literally survive.You don’t care about our Muslim American neighbors, our gay and lesbian partners whom are also 100% American. You only cared about you. You don’t have to deal with the fact that your vice president believes something is wrong with you and you need shock therapy because you love someone. You don’t have to deal with the fact that your president purposely excluded your race from his businesses. You don’t have to fear that expressing your religious faith by simply wearing a hijab could get you brutalized. You don’t have to worry, so you didn’t. You only cared about you. You say that that’s helping America, but I see that much of America is being left out.

Some of you are outright racist. You’ve become trash to me. Intimidating us worse off and drawing your swastikas. I’m afraid for the people that I love because of you. I wish I could hate you as much as you hate us, but I don’t have enough hate in my heart.

This is the most important part of my post and I hope you could get this far. Many of you...I still believe most of you, still have our back. I see on this board a lot of frustration, a lot of hurt...a lot of fear. The pain is unbelievable for many of us. I see the pain making many of us weaker, but I think in the end we’ll be stronger people for it. People’s rage are making them say horrible things. Things about Whites, as if collectively, you are our enemy. You aren’t. There’s always been those of you who have worked for us, and I know many of you still are. I want you to know that I don’t hate you because of the vote of others. I don’t think any less of anyone of you because you’re all individuals. Some of you are understanding of the lash from minorities, and I appreciate that patience. You guys have helped me get through this and for that I’m so thankful. I love you all.

To those of us most affected by this; minorities, LGBT, etc. Please, don’t let the pain make you irrational. We need the support more than ever. Please stay strong, and keep loving people.

Sorry this has been so long, but I felt the need.

30% of Latino's voted for Trump too. You don't have to be white to have conservative (read: intolerant) social values. Religion has a lot to do with it too.

Viper3

This post is one of the most depressing things I've read in a while.

I don't live in the US OP, but all I can say is stay safe and lets hope that 4 years from now the US electorate gets it's shit together.

Wow... I feel really bad for you OP. While I agree 99% with you (I don't feel like most white gaffers as you put it voted for Trump, I mean we have no data to support that and I feel like Trump voters are a clear minority here, I could be wrong), I wanted to add that it's not only bigotry that won.

It's buffoonery. Obviously, minorities will be hurt by a Trump presidency. If not by his acts, his ideas and his speech will clearly make some people feel more comfortable about being assholes. But I also feel like that what these people should also understand that even if they don't care about racism or minorities, if they even care for themselves, they should come to understand that they voted for a clown.

A trash TV reality show producer. A parody of the big and loud bilionair, dumb figure. An incompetent. And that will bite these people back really hard. Make America Great again ?
The middle class will suffer a lot from Trump's presidency. These people who voted for their own interests will quickly come to the conclusion of what mistake it was. But it'll be too late.

Yup USA, you basically gave the keys to a clown.

MikeyB

1. International forum. Many white gaffers are ineligible to vote in US elections.

2. The election was lost when Democrats failed to rally the 10 million votes that got Obama in.

3. The racist shit is an abhorrent part of a broader range of poorly formed policies. Mainline conservatives probably don't put any faith in that part nor in the bringing back your rust belt jobs part. They do actively oppose Hillary's policies though. Hold your nose and read some National Review. Their thoughts are free to read.

Mathieran

Banned
I feel awful as a white man. I'm bearing the shame that the majority of us went out and voted for trump for whatever reason they had. None of ones who voted for him thought about the consequences of their actions and I don't think they care about them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't feel like most white gaffers as you put it voted for Trump, I mean we have no data to support that and I feel like Trump voters are a clear minority here, I could be wrong

Jump into a race or gender related thread on gaming side sometime.

The only reason there might be less of them is that they're more likely to also spew racist or sexist bullshit that would get them banned.

Disxo

I am a caucasian latino, where do I stand Op?
Think this is a better message to trump voters not white people in general.

You guys have got to understand that this race was not the contest you think it was. It was framed to you as a contest between a racist xenophobe and a woman working on behalf of under-represented Americans.

In reality, they're politically indistinguishable. The social issue stuff was window dressing. Nothing will change except for his Scalia replacement nominee--who can only be as bad as Scalia was.

mollipen

Blacks also voted for Trump. Latinos voted for him. Asians voted for him. Meanwhile, a lot of whites voted for Hillary.

So maybe aim your ire at the people who deserve it, and don't just lump all of us whites together into one big group.

bionic77

I don't think so, dude.
I think you would be surprised.

It is just something no one would admit to in a progressive place like this. Especially not after he won.

I also agree that the letter should not be addressed to white people, but America as a whole. This is who we are.

Crayons

Banned
30% of Latino's voted for Trump too. You don't have to be white to have conservative (read: intolerant) social values. Religion has a lot to do with it too.

it was white women and white men who voted for Trump, what's the point of this 30% nonsense?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I love the perception around here that if you're white, well then you obviously must have voted for and support Trump! Come on...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You guys have got to understand that this race was not the contest you think it was. It was framed to you as a contest between a racist xenophobe and a woman working on behalf of under-represented Americans.

In reality, they're politically indistinguishable.

That's the dumbest fucking shit I've read in the past week. Congratulations.

anaron

ugh. Can we not do this?

treating any race as evil incarnate is not going help us liberals win any future elections.

I'm Caucasian, OP.

I did my part, And I'm sorry, too.

America will suffer from this. If we're lucky, Trump's presidency will be so ineffective and flaccid, that Democrats will be able to push someone who is likeable and progressive (someone like Bernie who mellenials can connect with) who highlights every one of Trump's failures in 2020.

Get out there in vote in 2018 for the senate races. Try to encourage people to do the same. Don't dwell on this failure. Logic and reason are beaten, not dead.

Uh, not all white people voted for trump. Address trump voters instead.

This is fucking insulting.

#NotAllWhitePeople

Look, we lost the election because of white people. Both because of racist, sexist, and xenophobic conservative whites voting for Trump in high turnouts, and because of apathetic white liberals who didn't show up to the polls due to laziness and overconfidence.

Before you say I'm being insulting to white people, I'm a straight white dude.

Even if we didn't vote Trump, we know people in our social circles who did who we could have talked to. Don't get defensive because OP is dealing with the worst possible outcome this week by lashing out in blog form. I fully get where they're coming from. Do good work.

notworksafe

All white posters here voted for Trump and then celebrated by painting swastikas. Right.

Only thing that's trash here is that post.

entremet

What about those 46 million that didn't vote?

Many of them Democrats. If only a tiny fraction would've came out, Trump would've been vanquished.

To note, Trump got less turnout than Romney and Trump still one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
We've tread this ground elsewhere and this is not worth it's very own thread. Find a place for this in another existing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom