• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New DuckTales - QuackShots

So how good it's going to be ?

• It's april Fool, probably fake

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • I don't have any money, i'm not Scrooge Mcduck

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 2D games are for Children

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • At least as good as Monster Boy

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Better than the original !

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

93xfan

Banned

looks great! Coincidentally was listeningto the above video about 10 minutes before coming here

Shin

Banned
Thanks for the Monster Boy link, I shall buy it when I purchase an XS.
I like those oldschool type of games.

Knightime_X

Is it 2d or 2.5d?
If it's 2d I hope it's an april fools joke.

music probably not going to be as good as the original.

BlackTron

DuckTales was my FIRST GAME on NES and Uncle Scrooge was my favorite cartoon character as a kid. Present day, my niece loves the new show and just started playing Mario with me.

I need this game. This better not be a joke. I will go all Doom Guy on their asses for revenge.

Airola

Maybe they are showing a proof of concept and seeing if there's any interest to it under the disguise of April Fools. If no-one is interested, they could say "lol April Fools" and if a lot of people are interested, they don't say anything but continue working on it.

I'd like this to happen. The original is one of the best games on Mega Drive / Genesis.

Is it 2d or 2.5d?
If it's 2d I hope it's an april fools joke.

This must be an april fools joke, as why would anyone prefer 2.5d to 2d :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

Oh shit, QuackShots is awesome.
All my pre-order money.

tenor.gif

Ballthyrm

Maybe they are showing a proof of concept and seeing if there's any interest to it under the disguise of April Fools

Yeah they could go to Disney and say, looks at all the buzz this generated.
They have a track record of putting life in old franchises so i'm hoping it's not fake.

Please god, please, don't be fake

Thaedolus

I’ve been around long enough not to trust anything even during the surrounding days of April 1, but goddamn even as concept art that would be fantastic. Cup head makes me think something like that could be a reality

Saber

Gold Member
Lol they're using their trash DT models from the new shitty cartoon?

Lmao, if its not fake then it sounds terrible.

Last edited:

Doom85

Most likely fake, but god damn that would be sweet if it were real.

I've not started the new series yet, but am looking forward to it. Most people I know say its Disney's 2nd best cartoon series of the last decade (Gravity Falls being #1 of course).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Most likely fake, but god damn that would be sweet if it were real.

I've not started the new series yet, but am looking forward to it. Most people I know say its Disney's 2nd best cartoon series of the last decade (Gravity Falls being #1 of course).
Not sold on the updated designs, inferior to the original and the comics, but this “game” still look AMAZING!

Belmonte

At one hand, seems too cruel to show polished screens for a nonexistent Quackshot game.

At other hand, perhaps they are using this opportunity to pitch Disney. They show people's reaction to their screens and their Monsters Boy game metacritic/stem game reviews and try to get the job.

VulcanRaven

I hope this is true but those screenshots look almost too good. I really liked the Ducktales remastered that was released some years ago.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Maybe they are showing a proof of concept and seeing if there's any interest to it under the disguise of April Fools. If no-one is interested, they could say "lol April Fools" and if a lot of people are interested, they don't say anything but continue working on it.

I'd like this to happen. The original is one of the best games on Mega Drive / Genesis.

This must be an april fools joke, as why would anyone prefer 2.5d to 2d :messenger_fearful:
With graphics quality we have now it can move in 3d but still look 2d.

Headcannon (who helped with Sonic Mania) also pitched a Darkwing Duck game if I remember correctly. Disney are a bunch of idiots, but that's old news.

Fuz

Banned
I love the old Megadrive Disney games. They were super charming. Hope it will be good.

Top Bottom