• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A twitter account for unknown horror game, reveal at E3, looks legit good game

Barakov

D A N G E R A H E A D

The teasers look nice. I ultimately interested in seeing what it will be. I'm definitely am not interested in the scary, walking simulator, hiding all the time gameplay, though. I'm hoping whatever this ultimately ends up being is a little more interesting gameplay-wise.

ShadowLag

bTsymTL.png

Much horror

Such surprise

Wow

Vick

Something suspicious here.
giphy.gif

Silent Hill is dead. Silent Hills is dead. Nor this nor Abandoned are related to anything Silent Hill.

I spent more than four years of my life with the hope Death Stranding was secretly Silent Hills. Day after day after day, and there were tons of proofs. I'm done, the dream is dead, the series is dead, all i'll ever have is P.T. and that's it.

It's the only way to keep my heart functional. Silent Hill is dead.

And even if it's not, i won't believe shit until i hold a copy in my hands.

Just like all FPS games became FarCry, all action adventure games because Assassins Creed, all horror games are becoming PT.
In the end Kojima's and Del Toro's failed project was one of the worst things to happen in gaming.
Actually I think literally all horror games became Amnesia and now they are slowly becoming P.T. I don’t mind first person horror games here and there, but I truly do miss the old style third person horror games with combat. Admittedly, this does look interesting. I’ll keep an eye out.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that so few AAA proper horror games ever get made. Horror is a massive genre in film so you'd like that would translate to other mediums of entertainment, not to mention games like this seem like prime streamer bait which also helps games blow up massively.
It seems like horror is another niche genre just like fighting games. Strange how most horror movies seem to do rather well, yet AAA horror games aren’t really explored much at all to my knowledge.

Even Resident Evil is essentially Gears of Evil or action horror now and they even purposely toned down the creepiness and scares in RE: Village for more mainstream appeal apparently. That should speak volumes. I’ll keep an open mind about this game at least.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
This account is showing videos of unknown video game, the account follows Sony and Konami among others

I think you've probably fallen for a trap, the game is probably called untitled horror :p

& they are probably following Sony and Konami, so crazy people go wild with their silent hill theories & bring lots of attention to their game.

Especially after seeing all the attention that other ps5 horror game got recently as people were convinced it was a kojima game lol

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
giphy.gif

Silent Hill is dead. Silent Hills is dead. Nor this nor Abandoned are related to anything Silent Hill.

I spent more than four years of my life with the hope Death Stranding was secretly Silent Hills. Day after day after day, and there were tons of proofs. I'm done, the dream is dead, the series is dead, all i'll ever have is P.T. and that's it.

It's the only way to keep my heart functional. Silent Hill is dead.

And even if it's not, i won't believe shit until i hold a copy in my hands.
Can you even imagine what a megaton announcement that would be? Konami announces they are officially working on the next Silent Hill. Then they show a new trailer and in the trailer at the end they show Norman. And then Kojima and del Toro walk out.
Futurama Mind Blown GIF

You can barely see it in the trailer - only a flash
hUTU8fR.jpg
Cross the time is times
To start the time
?

Fushitsusha

Banned
Am I imagining it or is the voice on the radio too similar to the radio in PT?

"You can see the sentence “Cross the time 15 times to start the time” written backwards for a split second. 84 (the main hands on the clock are on 8 and 4) divided by 15 = 5,6 => (number of letters) => sllih, tnelis => silent hills."

Source: @emivita88 on Twitter.

Last edited:

SCB3

I'm surprised that so few AAA proper horror games ever get made. Horror is a massive genre in film so you'd like that would translate to other mediums of entertainment, not to mention games like this seem like prime streamer bait which also helps games blow up massively.
They don't sell well enough

Markio128

They don't sell well enough
Horror films do well because it is much easier to sit through 1.5 hours of scares with friends, than it is spending 10 hours on your own playing a horror game. In my opinion anyway. And to be honest, horror games are rarely fun.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Holy shit, its a Wii game?
Imagine if it was hahahahahah, sadness was actually released. On the switch and PS5 and Xbox X

if it’s silent hill then this is good viral marketing maybe.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can you even imagine what a megaton announcement that would be? Konami announces they are officially working on the next Silent Hill. Then they show a new trailer and in the trailer at the end they show Norman. And then Kojima and del Toro walk out.
Futurama Mind Blown GIF

Cross the time is times
To start the time
?

Cross the time 15 times
To start the time

SCB3

Horror films do well because it is much easier to sit through 1.5 hours of scares with friends, than it is spending 10 hours on your own playing a horror game. In my opinion anyway. And to be honest, horror games are rarely fun.
I love horror games and I kinda agree, I prefer action Horror (Dead Space and RE) more, but good horror games that don't rely on Jump scares are hard

Joseph Anderson did a great video on this a few years ago:

Vick

Futurama Mind Blown GIF

As a Microsoft exclusive..

giphy.gif

looks like its this game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom