• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Tom Henderson's sources, Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is supposed to launch on November 18th 2022

M1987

The trailer makes it look like the best looking game ever, but it's Ubisoft, and what I have noticed is the cutscenes look incredible, but the gameplay is completely downgraded

Gudji

One week after GoW.

GIF by MOODMAN

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The trailer makes it look like the best looking game ever, but it's Ubisoft, and what I have noticed is the cutscenes look incredible, but the gameplay is completely downgraded

Why would Ubisoft "NOT" show this game off if it really looked that good and was a 2022 release?

mckmas8808

If they really nailed Pandora and didn't do too much Ubishit, it could be a decent game.

It should be an amazing game if done well.

is this where we are now. Ppl just refuse to even show their game before they release them

Yep and it's nasty! It's literally one of the dumbest things about the current state of the video game industry. And I partially blame Sony for this.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why would Ubisoft "NOT" show this game off if it really looked that good and was a 2022 release?
One would hope because all the marketing is synched with the film or something. Or Cameron wants certain game play elements kept on the DL to avoid spoiling the film and just doesn't trust marketers to not blow up the big SURPRISE of Avatar 2.

Also possible that they have ramped up for this thing OVER AND OVER just to have the film delayed yet again so now they are just burned out on it entirely :p

Fbh

Well it would make sense to release close to the movie. But I'd be surprised if we go from hearing nothing to finding out it launches in 4 months.

Normally i'd give any old game a go but I jusr cant seem to muster up any excitment for this. No idea why, either.

Most people aren't that attached to the world of Avatar, and the game is probably just going to be more bland bloated Ubicrap. So aside from the graphics there isn't much to be excited about.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

One would hope because all the marketing is synched with the film or something. Or Cameron wants certain game play elements kept on the DL to avoid spoiling the film and just doesn't trust marketers to not blow up the big SURPRISE of Avatar 2.

Also possible that they have ramped up for this thing OVER AND OVER just to have the film delayed yet again so now they are just burned out on it entirely :p

Two completely possibilities. I like that thought.

Dr.Morris79

FarCry on Pandora with the Snowdrop engine and 100% next-gen only? Ok, sure.
And no doubt i'll try it. The excitement just isnt there, for me. And I liked, and still do, the orginal film. It's an odd one.

Most people aren't that attached to the world of Avatar.
Maybe thats the case. If it had come out when the original film came out i'd of wrote it off as a crap movie tie, yet now it just seems a bit meh.

It'll sell well I imagine but I wish they'd of used to engine for something fresh.

Fbh

Maybe thats the case. If it had come out when the original film came out i'd of wrote it off as a crap movie tie, yet now it just seems a bit meh.

It'll sell well I imagine but I wish they'd of used to engine for something fresh.

To be fair I think the world of Pandora is the best part of the Avatar franchise. The environments, the colors, the creatures, it should all make for a really nice looking world even if it won't look as good as the reveal (because In engine =/= gameplay).

This stuff, even downgraded, on next gen only and on a nice TV/Monitor is going to look awesome
f8e41a140f7ded8f57b10223f1141092092a1dcf.gifv

73c33c35b78892b8d0070a8291006fe2ee04b42b.gifv

4790a8c973c71c1a721c3cb775a2902178b27a78.gifv

I just fear it will be a Far Cry Reskin.

CamHostage

He tweeted this while discussing God of War Ragnarok's release date.

Ha, oh shit, everybody is so caught up in the "Where's the God of War release date?!", I had forgotten there's a bunch of big franchise entries for the year still not on the calendar.

GameStop literally has zero titles on November page for its Upcoming Games of 2022 calendar. (That's an error on their site, as Pokemon has a date... but there's not much else that they're missing.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/new-releases

is this where we are now. Ppl just refuse to even show their game before they release them

I don't personally like it, but it's what people want now. After the Starfield delay calamity and some big game "too early" showings like Halo Infinite or Cyberpunk (which each had their own issues, but in general, it's an uphill battle to gain audiences back if your first unveiling is laughed at,) publishers are gunshy about showing or announcing anything until they can tattoo it down, and gamers seem to prefer it that way. (Me personally, I'd rather have the information and then get informed of the changes later, but most people seem to like shadow-drops and hate shifting dates.

BTW, it's June 30th today, and this time last year we were only two weeks past the first announcement of one of the biggest games of the year, Forza Horizon 5. So, for those worried that it has gotten too late to set a date for a major game, this is still in the pipeline. But, things could also go badly and some games might miss the year too.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Avatar isn’t coming out this year. But i hope it does so it can expose all the cross gen nonsense we have gotten so far this gen for the dated formulaic snoozefest they have become.

Unfortunately, this is Ubisoft, the grandfather or repetitive formulaic chorefest so im not sure if putting my faith in them is the brightest idea.

But if what they said about enemy/animal A.I and destruction is true then we might be the first true sandbox title since GTA3 all those years ago. Pure unscripted fun. Let me fly around in high speed from one end of the map to the other. I dont care if the game is an empty as Ass Creed 1. Just let me explore and mess around with the world like no other game has done for the last 17 years.

kiphalfton

Is it really that surprising. These guys got open world design down to a science, and then they pad it out with stupid nonsensical stuff a junior dev probably worked on.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Smooth brained speculation, if it were coming out this year it would have been announced no later than June. That's just how the cycle works with these big publishers.

ManaByte

Smooth brained speculation, if it were coming out this year it would have been announced no later than June. That's just how the cycle works with these big publishers.

UbiSoft announced that it, Rabbids, and Skull and Bones are all coming in this fiscal year. We know the other two are coming in October (Rabbids) and early November (Skull and Bones). November 18th fits for this because it's one month before the release of Avatar: The Way of Water. Sony also has the marketing deal for this, so it makes sense that it's a holiday release.

Inviusx

UbiSoft announced that it, Rabbids, and Skull and Bones are all coming in this fiscal year. We know the other two are coming in October (Rabbids) and early November (Skull and Bones). November 18th fits for this because it's one month before the release of Avatar: The Way of Water. Sony also has the marketing deal for this, so it makes sense that it's a holiday release.

Sorry but there is less than zero percent chance that this supposed gigantic game from Ubisoft comes out in 2022. The window for re-announcing this and opening up pre-orders for a 2022 release just passed now that we're in July. They need preorder numbers for the manufacturing of their collectors edition etc.

I could see it being a Q1 2023 release though, maybe like May 2023 with a big marketing push starting in Sep/Oct this year when Ubi starts streaming some announcements.

Last edited:
You're a sucker. We've seen nothing other than s bullshot trailer for the game. Good luck.
Says the guy with a scammer as a profile pic
Yeah like im gone to take advice from you
Who is the real sucker?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Sorry but there is less than zero percent chance that this supposed gigantic game from Ubisoft comes out in 2022.
UbiSoft already officially announced it's in their fiscal year that ends in March. The game has been in development since 2017 and they want it out in time for the movie in December.

Chiggs

I can't wait. Even if it's basically Assassin's Creed, but with a choice to play the humans or Nav'i, I'm in.

The visuals look superb.

To be fair I think the world of Pandora is the best part of the Avatar franchise. The environments, the colors, the creatures, it should all make for a really nice looking world even if it won't look as good as the reveal (because In engine =/= gameplay).

This stuff, even downgraded, on next gen only and on a nice TV/Monitor is going to look awesome
f8e41a140f7ded8f57b10223f1141092092a1dcf.gifv

73c33c35b78892b8d0070a8291006fe2ee04b42b.gifv

4790a8c973c71c1a721c3cb775a2902178b27a78.gifv

I just fear it will be a Far Cry Reskin.
Far cry Primal with more exotic creatures is my guess

Alpha Male

Really eager to see more of this as its my most anticipated title for this year...even more so than God of War.

I would be fine with it being Far Cry Pandora because I LOOOOOVE me some Far Cry!

Top Bottom