• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim Schedule Changes (and GITS 2nd GIG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Straight from the horse's mouth:

InuYasha premieres will resume three days a week starting January 10 at 12:30 a.m.

On February 12, Fullmetal Alchemist will move up a half hour to 11:30 p.m., taking Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex to a new time slot at midnight. This will bump Venture Bros. off of Saturdays.

Also on February 12, The Super Milk-Chan Show will migrate to Saturdays for repeats at 1:30 a.m. Venture Bros. will take its spot starting February 13 at 1 a.m.

The cyberpunk goodness never stops; Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG will begin airing in Fall of 2005.

Robot Chicken (formerly the untitled Seth Green Project) will premiere February 13 at midnight.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
When are there gonna be new Venture eps? It's my favorite show nowadays.

Gribbix

The Shadow said:
If it's renewed, it'll be a while because it's animated traditionally instead of with shockwave.

Yep, at the very least, it'll be at least a year before any new episodes air, if ever.

Sai

What's with the "if ever"? I thought Venture Brothers was accepted quite well. :(

And Super Milk Chan is staying? Who watches that?...

Gribbix

Sai said:
What's with the "if ever"? I thought Venture Brothers was accepted quite well. :(

And Super Milk Chan is staying? Who watches that?...

There's been no announcement regarding another season, and we won't find out for sure until January at the earliest. It does do fairly well, but as mentioned in the other thread, because of the costs, it has higher expectations placed on it.

Helena

Sai said:

If you watched for the ratings you'd see VB almost always getting beaten by anime. :( I very much want more VB~hopefully the Christmas special rated high.

As for Ghost in the Suck, Queer Metal Alchemist, and Stupid Milk Ham~they can all go to hell.

Belfast

Helena said:
If you watched for the ratings you'd see VB almost always getting beaten by anime. :( I very much want more VB~hopefully the Christmas special rated high.

As for Ghost in the Suck, Queer Metal Alchemist, and Stupid Milk Ham~they can all go to hell.

what.

duckroll

Helena said:

Helena
(Today, 09:40 AM)

That's what I thought, the infestation of crappy jr members continue. >_<

Helena

duckroll said:
Helena
(Today, 09:40 AM)

That's what I thought, the infestation of crappy jr members continue. >_<

I'm crappy because I have good taste in tv shows? Sounds good to me.

Belfast

You might have an argument with Milk-chan, though its supposedly funnier in its original Japanese. But GitS and FMA are both quality shows. I like Venture Bros. too, but it doesn't mean that either of these are lesser programs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Helena said:
I'm crappy because I have good taste in tv shows? Sounds good to me.
You're crappy because you sound like the 10 year olds who make posts on GameFAQs about "Gaycube" and "SuxB0x."

And Milk-Chan does suck. No way of getting around that. I'm disappointed to hear it's staying on the lineup long enough to even have a scheduling change in February. :(

Helena

There's no better way to protest these godawful "adult" shows then using childish terms for them. Adult Swim should end this facade already and cancel all of their anime asap. The last good anime they picked up was Big O, everything since has been trash. GitS is nothing more then WHR with better animation (and worse music) while FMA is Inuyasha Redux (except FMA actually ends). Venture Brothers is far superior to that hash, yet it's all but dead because it's not cheap to make.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Helena said:
There's no better way to protest these godawful "adult" shows then using childish terms for them. Adult Swim should end this facade already and cancel all of their anime asap. The last good anime they picked up was Big O, everything since has been trash. GitS is nothing more then WHR with better animation (and worse music) while FMA is Inuyasha Redux (except FMA actually ends). Venture Brothers is far superior to that hash, yet it's all but dead because it's not cheap to make.

You could've just saved us all a lot of time and said:

"cuz anime is teh s uck"

Belfast

I'm not getting either of those comparisons. It shows how little you even know about the series, or, at least, try to comprehend. WHR is generic, emo trash while GitS actually has some complex, well-thought-out plots and delves into deep, philosophical questions (while the movie adaptation was perhaps a little too mired in philosophy, I feel the TV series takes a much better approach). And FMA is just NOTHING like Inu-Yasha whatsoever. Different stories completely with different kinds of characters in different worlds.

FnordChan

Helena said:
There's no better way to protest these godawful "adult" shows then using childish terms for them.

Can't say I'm a big fan of either Milk-chan or FMA, but any television show that name checks Fredric Jameson isn't exactly childish.

FnordChan

arter_2

I just want them too renew the Venture Brothers that show has been great since the first three episode teaser season they showed like 2 years ago. i was so happy when they announced an actual season. Man I really hope they continue the charecters are awsome and the humor is so varied subtle most times and over the top in others its great.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Helena said:

Ladies and gentlemen......Tommy Talarico has been outed! :D

duckroll said:
News to me. I personally thought Big O sucked balls. :)

Ditto.

Anyway CN, Toonami, Adult Swim et al hasn't been the same since they cut back on so much anime during the toonami block. I mean what the fuck? Teen Titans sucks. Venture Brothers sucks. Megas XLR sucks. Ed Ed and Eddy sucks. All these American made shows absolutely SUCK. They need to either add more quality anime or just outright hook up with ADV and buy their anime only channel! ADV's anime only channel is a good idea in theory, but it's in such a limited rotation in the US most people don't even know it exists. Something needs to happen and soon

As for FMA, I've been watching it but I haven't gotten into it that much. I'd currently label it as "OKAY". But it's certainly no GitS, Berserk, Now and Then-Here and There, or Macross.

Gribbix

isamu said:
Anyway CN, Toonami, Adult Swim et al hasn't been the same since they cut back on so much anime during the toonami block. I mean what the fuck? Teen Titans sucks. Venture Brothers sucks. Megas XLR sucks. Ed Ed and Eddy sucks. All these American made shows absolutely SUCK. They need to either add more quality anime or just outright hook up with ADV and buy their anime only channel! ADV's anime only channel is a good idea in theory, but it's in such a limited rotation in the US most people don't even know it exists. Something needs to happen and soon

As for FMA, I've been watching it but I haven't gotten into it that much. I'd currently label it as "OKAY". But it's certainly no GitS, Berserk, Now and Then-Here and There, or Macross.

Right... :p

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Helena said:

Wow, you're off to a brilliant start. Have you even made a conscious effort to watch more than an episode of the shows you so slyly renamed? There's a reason AS is showing more and more anime. Oh, and you mock GITS: SAC, but praise Big O? Say what now?

bonesquad

They better renew Venture Bros!!! I wasn't sure at first, but after a few eps it grew on me and it has become my 2nd favorite AS show (right behind ATHF).

I'm not a big anime fan, but I for one really like FMA. Best anime I've watched on AS since I watched Trigun (that and Cowboy Bebop and FLCL are about all I've liked really).

Not so much GitS, and Milk Chan? Yuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom