• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Pikmin 3/4 i desided to replay Overlord. Any other similar games?

nkarafo

I did play Overlord back when it was released but for some reason i never got far and stopped playing. I forgot about it until i played the recent Pikmin games. And now i'm having a blast with it.

So i'm going to finish that and play the sequel next. Would you say its better than the original?

Not sure about the next entries though, i'm not hearing good things about them.

I'm wondering if there are other games of this kind that i'm missing?

Robb

Gold Member
header.jpg

Great game!

Fools idol

Banned
Pikmin is a really unique experience honestly.

The game that springs to mind for that kind of vibe though is the old classic Lemmings games.

PeteBull

Strongly recommend old but still fun

and its even better sequel

Fun fact, dungeons 4 coming in 2 months from now

Last edited:

nkarafo

Dungeon Keeper type games have different gameplay.

I think something like Sacrifice looks and plays more similar. It might even be the first game of this type?

PanzerCute

Not really the same but I wanted to remind some that Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 exists....Just because overlord vaguely reminded of it.
I replay 1 and 2 every year.

Still the best strategy game I have ever played in 37 years.

Also played Dungeons 2 et 3. Not the same flavor but that scratches the same itch.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not really very similar at all, but if you enjoy guiding hordes of little guys to their goal I cannot recommend Humanity enough. It starts out as a puzzle game similar to Lemmings and Chu Chu Rocket, but along the way morphs into a kind of puzzle RTS, with massive armies battling it out with swords and guns.

Included with PS+ Extra/Premium.

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
How does Overlord compare? I was thinking of buying a used copy of the PS3 version from my local game shop .

nkarafo

How does Overlord compare? I was thinking of buying a used copy of the PS3 version from my local game shop .
Its a bit harder than Pikmin. But i love upgrating my minions and equipment.

On PC at 1080p and 120 fps it feels great to play. Not sure how the console port is. I prefer playing old games like this at the best way possible.

DeepSpace5D

Probably not the exact same genre as Pikmin, but Kena does remind me of it some ways with how you control the little rot creatures.

Corian33

Not quite the same but Battlezone 1&2 were some of my favorites back in the day. Sort of mix of FPS space tanks and RTS. Would kill for a new version or any games in that genre.

Top Bottom