• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires II HD getting another expansion Rise of the Rajas (on Dec 19)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
~1.9m people is still a large userbase. I think the biggest roadblock is logistical: AoE3 was sold outside of Steam, on the GFWL Marketplace and at retail, the former of which is now dead while the latter doesn't use GFWL, so in order to be fair, Microsoft would have to develop a website that analyses GFWL accounts/retail keys and grants a Steam key for the Complete Collection, and also set up a support system to account for those who have a purchase receipt but either can't log into their long-forgotten GFWL account or no longer have their retail copy. It doesn't help that the game wasn't available digitally anywhere upon release.

A lot of people probably had it on GFWL because they sold it for 10 cents or something once. I know I picked it up on there because of that to solve my messy physical copy situation (game was my dad's, one expansion was mine, one was my brother's).

Mr. Robot

AoE2 is good but i want all the games that were on some promo material, it advanced through time till we got space stuff in age of empires 6 or something like that.

Top Bottom