• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliya's Ascent - New AI generated game

Holammer

Browsed new games on Steam and saw a game with an inconsistent style reminiscent of AI generated art, a little bit of research later and it turns out the game is made with a wide range of AI tools.
It looks like a simple interactive Visual Novel type affair, and that's because it's built on Ren'Py, a VN engine used for games like Doki Doki Literature Club. It's a free game, but the developers are HK based cryptobros and they sell Aliya NFTs on their site. So I suggest you treat the game & devs like digital disease and stay away.

But I think there's a place for AI in game development and it's only going to get better/worse from here on out.

Tools used
Art: Midjourney, Adobe Firefly, DALL-E 3, stable diffusion
Character animation: D-ID, Pika Labs, Muglife, RunwayML
Background animation: LeiaPix, CapCut, InstaVerse, RunwayML
Script, voiceover, music: ChatGPT, ElevenLabs, Suno, Mubert

NFTS!

Confused Peanut Butter GIF by Jif

Comandr

Oof. This “game” feels like it had almost no human effort put into it. I’m afraid it’s going to just fuel the fire of anti-AI game development. What a bad look. Trailer was terrible. The art itself was charming enough. But the script, Jesus.

MiguelItUp

It's amusing seeing "lol" be a part of the URL as this whole thing looks like a huge joke. This is so stupid, lmao.

danklord

Gold Member
At first I was skeptical but when she said "this world REALLY has a treasure trove of interesting characters" -- I'm in. Day 12.

Raven77

I will never understand the hate for NFTs on here. It literally allows for digital ownership.

Why is that a bad thing? You put 200 hours into your Diablo character and can sell it, legally, for $40. Oh the horror!

Everyone seems to equate NFT's to microtransactions. Which just shows a complete lack of understanding regarding this topic.

Google Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
And who the hell did her voice? So monotone and bland

They used ElevenLabs (and possibly some other services) for the voice. It can get all kinds of different results, but their particular attempt seems a bit lazy.

Just for fun, I generated 2 variations which are at least more comedic:

like an elementary school teacher reading a book to her classroom:

ASMR girl

EDIT: just saw this post above
Most likely done with ElevenLabs. This thing is a showcase for a dozen different AI tools.

Indeed those YouTube audiobooks are using the same service. I've noticed a ton of these popping up, basically people taking old books and running through ElevenLabs (for the voice) then DallE/Midjourney (for the static image assets behind the narration). Some of them are very low effort, and they're starting to flood YouTube.

Last edited:

Outlier

"The story makes sense considering the bridgeworld lore.
- Braiker (MagicHourPod)"

umm..
Marvel Studios What GIF by Disney+

Why would you quote that, when advertising a game!?

Top Bottom