• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All right! Finally found some benches that compare 6800U/6800NU/X800Pro/9800Pro!!!

Mrbob

Foreign site. Can't understand much. But I can understand the benchmarks! :D

http://www.zive.cz/Text/Ar.asp?ARI=116890

Great thing is that these benches don't use some sort of supercharged CPU like firing squad did with their 6800NU preview!

Here is the test setup...

P4 3.2 GHZ

1 GIG DDR400

Soundblaster Live 5.1

Varios video cards :)

ONTO THE Benches!!

3DMark2003!

3dmark2003.gif

Farcry

farcry.gif

I'm really liking the performance of the 6800NU at 1024 X 768! :D

Unreal Tournament 2004

ut_2004.gif

Again, liking that 6800NU performance. Especially since there doesn't seem to be that big of hit with light AA/AF applied (2XAA/4AF)

I'd like to show the Painkiller bench but unfortunately the Geforce 6800 crashed during it for some reason.

Halo

halo.gif

Again, at 1024 X 768 the 6800NU holds up very well!

Call of Duty

call_of_duty.gif

Ok, this one confuses me. How does the 6800NU perform better with 4XAA/8AF versus 2XAA/4AF? Probably just a typo in info. Anyone have a suggestion?

For $299, the 6800non ultra looks like a strong performer! Not as strong as the X800Pro, but you can see it does flex its muscle over the 9800Pro! I'm starting to think this may be the card for me! :D Very strong card at 1024 X 768!

OK, how the eff did the X800 take a dump in all the benchmarks all of a sudden? They were all like showing how the 6800U was getting it's ass handed to it, now the tables have turned? NO SIR, I DON'T LIKE IT

Error Macro said:
OK, how the eff did the X800 take a dump in all the benchmarks all of a sudden? They were all like showing how the 6800U was getting it's ass handed to it, now the tables have turned? NO SIR, I DON'T LIKE IT

It's missing a very important card! The Radeon X800 XT!

These benchmarks reminds me of how benchmarks at Apple's site is missing any dual Opteron figures.

Bregor

The new Nvidia drivers do appear to have made a definite improvement in the NV40's speed. Now if Nvidia can just start getting the cards into retail in decent numbers they will truly deliver.

ATI has an advantage in that the x800 Pro is much more easily available than the 6800 cards right now. They do appear to be having some trouble getting the x800 xt out in sufficient numbers, however. This is probably why the x800 xt is not included in the benchmarks above.

Once all the 6800 and x800 cards are out, it would be nice to see some a new set of benchmarks run that includes all of them.

Mashing

LOL... they left out the x800 xt, what do they expect it to look like? The pro can't compete with the 6800 Ultra... That sight is just as biased as FS

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
wtf? Isn't the 6800 Ultra a "next generation card" compared to the 9800 pro? I thought the 9800 pro was ATi's main product LAST year, and the 6800 Ultra was NVidia's newest project?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Those realitively low Halo FPS scores (compared to similar games) even with the higher-end cards is a true testament to how shitty a PC-port we got of the game. The game runs like butt on most high-end systems.

epmode

Shogmaster said:
It's missing a very important card! The Radeon X800 XT!
exactly. when is that going to be in stores? i preordered it, but the site doesn't list an expected date for some reason.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Izzy said:
GF 6800U would be a must buy if it wasn't for dual molex issue. Impressive.

NVidia should start bundling their high-end cards with 500W power supplies...

einhard said:
Am i reading that wrong or is the ATI card running 6xAA while the Geforce isnt in some of those benches?

No, ATI cards can't do 8XAA (at least the ones listed). The GeForces are doing 8XAA in certain cases as listed, ATI cards have (6XAA) next to them to show what level of AA they were running in comparison.

Mrbob

I wish they would have included the X800XT as well.

Also, it is well known that 8XAA absolutely kills the Geforce 6800 series, and these tests show it. You are better off running in 4XAA. Regarding the 9800XT, just add like 5-10 FPS onto the 9800 Pro scores and there you go.

wtf? Isn't the 6800 Ultra a "next generation card" compared to the 9800 pro? I thought the 9800 pro was ATi's main product LAST year, and the 6800 Ultra was NVidia's newest project?

It is. The reason I'm glad they included it is so we could finally see how the 9800Pro stacked up against the 6800 Non Ultra. The 9800 Pro can hold its but you can definitely see areas where the brute strength of the 6800NU pulls through.

The interesting thing to remember is these benchmarks are comparing a $200 product (9800Pro), $300 product (6800 Non Ultra), $400 product (X800Pro), and $500 product (6800 Ultra). I would have liked the $400 6800GT to be included as well but I guess we'll have to wait awhile longer. But what these benchmarks show is that every card is a viable option. Depending on how much eye candy you want.

Mashing

If you want to overclock perhaps... but I don't plan on doing that. With that said, both cards would be good enough. Like I said earlier, you really can't go wrong with this generation of cards.

Mrbob

I dunno.

From those Firing Squad benches (With an AMD 64 3800+ no less! sheesh!) it seems like the 6800GT and X800Pro are a wash. They perform roughly the same.

I would give the Nvidia card the edge in game compatibility though. Nvidia cards seem to have less problems than ATI cards with games.

In a couple days Nvnews is going to post a review of their BFGTECH 6800GT and 6800 Ultra cards they just received. They will be including PS 3.0 enabled Farcry in the benches!

Top Bottom