• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone In The Dark (2024) |OT| Christian Slater and Tara Reid Not Included

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Alone in The Dark - The New Nightmare is up for those interested, £7.99 if you want to actually purchase it or free with PS+ Premium
Game has both PAL & NTSC modes
Ignore my previous comment, the PAL version has boarder's.
I forgot it's the PS2 version that had the PAL 60hz mode
GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Alone in The Dark - The New Nightmare is up for those interested, £7.99 if you want to actually purchase it or free with PS+ Premium
But it was developed by European Devs so it's not an easy automatic choose NTSC.
PAL has a higher native resolution and doesn't suffer from slower speeds.
GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png
It's worth revisiting. Classic horror.

Reactions: TGO

RagnarokIV

But it was developed by European Devs so it's not an easy automatic choose NTSC.
GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png

Which video filters does this offer and any trophies?

T-0800

GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png
I played this last night for the first time and was blown away to be honest.

TGO

Which video filters does this offer and any trophies?
It's a PSone Classic so the usual Filters I'm using Modern Arcade for scan lines and I don't think it has Trophies, I never checked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png
This game looks so cool but I got cucked by it at least twice trying to start it back on PS3. I never understood how to deal with the enemies and shut it off. I def wanna give it another try, probably just had to use my brain for once.

This and Siren were two Horror games I never "got" on PS3 back compat.

TGO

The New Nightmare is pretty cool. I played the Dreamcast version and replayed it last year. The lack of lip synk (they're not even moving their mouths) is a bummer,
I just remembered that the PS2 version added that to the game.

TGO

Alone in The Dark The New Nightmare just got an Update.
They've done something to it because it looks a lot sharper now and the lights in the game are fucking bright, had to check to see if added HDR 😂
Kurt Russell Sun GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Can anyone confirm or am I imagining this shit

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Devs made a mistake of putting two white main characters in the game.

Pretty much

Ive really fallen off of playing even though I think its a great game. Ill definitely shoot for finishing it by the end of the year and I still think its the most enjoyment Ive had with a game so far this year, but yeah, the game breaking bug (thats now fixed of course) really kinda soured the experience and Im finding it hard to come back to. They had me so hard when it released. Same shit happened to me with Metro Exodus. Broke on me at release, was fixed within the year and I just couldnt get back into it no matter how much I tried.

TwinB242

Ignore my previous comment, the PAL version has boarder's.
I forgot it's the PS2 version that had the PAL 60hz mode
GVVQQH0.png
Prp2XjW.png
pHat6Wo.png
Ma317fh.png
Y4akLLz.png
zGV65Gc.png

I dont know why they would port the PS1 version instead of the PS2 one.

TGO

I dont know why they would port the PS1 version instead of the PS2 one.
I've no idea, I would have preferred the PS2 version as the backgrounds are more detailed and it has better character models, better lighting and the effects are better too.
same with when they release the PSP versions when the PS2 version is superior.
but PS2 classic don't output in 4K and don't have the new features.
bout time they upgraded it and sort out a PS3 emulator too.
I'm sure some games work fine on PS5.

Alan Wake

Pretty much

Ive really fallen off of playing even though I think its a great game. Ill definitely shoot for finishing it by the end of the year and I still think its the most enjoyment Ive had with a game so far this year, but yeah, the game breaking bug (thats now fixed of course) really kinda soured the experience and Im finding it hard to come back to. They had me so hard when it released. Same shit happened to me with Metro Exodus. Broke on me at release, was fixed within the year and I just couldnt get back into it no matter how much I tried.
I know the feeling. But It's worth finishing.

Top Bottom