• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark: Illumination ; Everything we know, New Screens, Pre-Order Beta

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Was the 08 game the first horror-ish game that did real time inventory management and you couldn't pause much like is now a thing with the Souls games and others?

Yarp, it also did a lot of other things that were ahead of its time, and actually did things that would later become trends in game.

It just did most of them rather poorly.

Well after coming off of Evil Within that looks like hot garbage. That looks like a middle of last gen game graphically. These guys don't seem like they were thrown much of a bone in the budget department.

Erevador

Clearly a no budget, no effort attempt to cash in on the horror revival by cranking out a cheapo title with name recognition.

Shane

Resident Evil was heavily inspired by the original Alone in the Dark. Not sure if it would have existed otherwise.

Now AitD is heavily inspired by what RE has become. Not a pretty full circle. Will avoid.

abracadaver

“Old One” Achievement: This exclusive achievement is available only to pre-order customers and marks you as one of the first players to enter the game.

Wow. If you don't pre order you can never get 100% in this game

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The achievement thing is dumb, and I hope it doesn't become a trend as a few other games have dome something (off the top from personal experience, while I kickstarted Mercenary Kings, having an achievement only for those who kickstarted was dumb).

However, as also said, achievements mean very little to me for 100% games, and I think is something best to just not worry too much about.

Top Bottom