• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon just screwed me over big time with my Wii pre-order

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I've checked into your order and see that you recently revised your
order through Your Account. We recalculated your estimated shipment
and delivery dates based on those changes and expect your order to
be delivered by January 10, 2007.

Please know that our automated system always recalculate the
estimated shipment and delivery dates based on the changes made to
an order, assuming it as a new order and there is no way to reset
the order to its original estimates.

I'm sorry, if this condition was unclear while making the changes to
this order. If you have any further questions, please visit our
online Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help

However, please rest assured that we will ship the item as soon as
we are able to obtain it. You won't be charged until we ship it to
you. When your order has shipped, we'll send you an e-mail
confirming the contents and method of your shipment.

If you do not receive a shipment confirmation by January 09, 2007,
don't hesitate to contact us by visiting following page on our web
site, so that we can further investigate and take immediate actions
available with us in resolving this issue soon upto your
satisfaction:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

All your patience and understanding is highly appriciated in this
ituation. Otherwise, we would understand if you'd prefer to cancel
your order. You may cancel unshipped items through the "Your
Account" page, accessible at the top of any page on our web site.
To cancel your order, simply click "Cancel items or orders." After
signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able
to view your order history and cancel your order for any item that
has not yet entered the shipping process.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

My Wii pre-order delayed to january just because I changed a name in the billing address and the credit card number and I pre-ordered on sept. 15th, minutes after they put it up on the site.

And I don't live in the US, so if I don't buy it online I don't know when I'll get it.

Thank you, Amazon, for screwing over a faithful costumer of years.

bro, jesus, man
the Wii wil be in constant production, just go on launch day and get one if you can't just keep tabs on local stores shippment dates

the Wii will be obtainable by normal means

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
he doesn't live in the US.

I guess when you change your billing info it's like resetting the order? That sucks man.

Grug

Wow, that sucks. :lol

So glad that pre-ordering a Wii in Australia is as easy as going out to buy a bottle of Pepsi.

Lobster

Banned
Grug said:
Wow, that sucks. :lol

So glad that pre-ordering a Wii in Australia is as easy as going out to buy a bottle of Pepsi.

Yeah. Haha. Its also funny that we got preorders WAY before US.

Holy shit, I changed the shipping method of my Amazon.de Wii pre-order two or three hours ago. From standard to overnight express. I hope that doesn't do anything. >:O

kojacker

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
My Wii pre-order delayed to january just because I changed a name in the billing address and the credit card number and I pre-ordered on sept. 15th, minutes after they put it up on the site.

And I don't live in the US, so if I don't buy it online I don't know when I'll get it.

Thank you, Amazon, for screwing over a faithful costumer of years.
I used to work for Amazon.com customer services (a few years back, before it moved to India) and I hate the sight of those copy and pasted, automated blurbs they use.

Basically, as it says, there isn't much that can be done. It's so stupid that changing an address detail can re-allocate inventory like that. Hopefully you'll have a store nearby you can get one close to launch.

Some of you people have outstanding reading comprehension. Congratulations!

Anyway, is there any other store doing online pre-orders for their first launch batch? I doubt it.

Can't believe a company as big as Amazon has a system so stupid that you can't do a simple uptade to your order.

kojacker

slaughterking said:
Holy shit, I changed the shipping method of my Amazon.de Wii pre-order two or three hours ago. From standard to overnight express. I hope that doesn't do anything. >:O
Didn't used to, we often had to upgrade shipping as compensation and it didn't create a new order. You should be fine.

SantaC

sorry to say it, but if you're going to get that american wii to europe now I think you're screwed until 2007 :(

kojacker said:
Didn't used to, we often had to upgrade shipping as compensation and it didn't create a new order. You should be fine.
Phew, I'm glad you're saying that. <3

Btw: Now that I experienced that shock for myself, I feel sorry for the OP.

kojacker said:
I used to work for Amazon.com customer services (a few years back, before it moved to India) and I hate the sight of those copy and pasted, automated blurbs they use.

Basically, as it says, there isn't much that can be done. It's so stupid that changing an address detail can re-allocate inventory like that. Hopefully you'll have a store nearby you can get one close to launch.

So, there's pretty much nothing that can be done about this? No loophole you know about? :p

Anyway, I just sent them a rage filled e-mail. Probably won't do any good, but at least it made me feel better. :D

I guess I'll try to get in touch with a family member in Indiana to see if he can help me out. I don't like bugging people like this, but I really want the Wii and I don't plan to wait until next year. :-( Plus I know he wouldn't mind.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That is some shit. I hate when they do that. This is why I like modifiable non binding preorders like Play Asia.

A response to my last e-mail.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, please let me apologize for any misunderstanding.

When you make certain changes to an order via Your Account, our
system re-evaluates our inventory to determine the best fulfillment
plan for your order given the new information. Occasionally, this
may result in a change to the expected shipment and delivery dates
for the order.

In this particular case, the address change would have prompted our
system to re-evaluate our inventory as described.

Also, the item "Nintendo Wii" has not yet shipped because it has not
yet been released. As listed on our site, it is currently scheduled
to be released on November 19, 2006.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to
you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items
until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged
for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

Rest assured, soon we start receiving copies from our suppliers. We
are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-
served basis.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the change in
anticipated delivery date. Please be assured that we will do
everything we can to ensure that your order is shipped and delivered
as efficiently as possible.

I have passed your message along to the appropriate person in our
company. We always value customer feedback such as yours, as it
helps us continue to improve the service we provide.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

So what? I'm getting the Wii on release or what? ****, I hate this automated responses, they never tell the things straight, no matter how or what you ask.

jarosh

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
amazon.com only ships videogame systems within the us. how could you even order it in the first place?

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
I really doubt you'll have to wait until Jan. They probably don't know how many will be avaliable yet so they give out a far off ball park figure to cover themselves. In reality supply is supposed to be pretty good so I imagine your order will get bumped up to a date closer to launch. At least this has been my experience with ordering other items from amazon before they have actually hit the market.

I'm in the exact same situation. Here is the last amazon response I got:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have investigated your order and determined that the estimated
shipment and delivery dates displayed in your order and Your Account
were incorrect.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this
error.

" Nintendo Wii " has not yet shipped because it has not yet been
released. As listed on our site, it is currently scheduled to be
released on November 19, 2006. As per policy we can ship only after
this date.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to
you.
As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items
until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged
for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

Rest assured we will be filling orders as quickly as we can on a
first-come, first-served basis.

As you have placed order firstly your order will on our priority
list.

Once again, I apologize for the incorrect information.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

The underlined bit confuses me slightly. Will it ship on the 19th or sometime after? Bah, amazon customer service sucks.

Edit: I just got another unhelpful response from them.

Greetings from Amazon.com,

I sincerely apologize that we did not address all of your concerns
in our previous correspondences with you. We do not have a specific
date to provide to you. As listed on our site, it is currently
scheduled to be released on November 19, 2006. Our policy indicates
we are only able to ship them out until after November 19, 2006.

I understand that you are concerned, and I regret that we have not
been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any additional insight
or action on these matters.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to
serve you again in the future.

Wow, thanks amazon. So it looks like it won't ship until after the 19th. Great.

Danj

BatiGOOOOOOL said:

If you don't live in the US, how are you able to order a Wii from Amazon.com, they don't ship electronics outside North America?

kojacker

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
So, there's pretty much nothing that can be done about this? No loophole you know about? :p

Anyway, I just sent them a rage filled e-mail. Probably won't do any good, but at least it made me feel better. :D

I guess I'll try to get in touch with a family member in Indiana to see if he can help me out. I don't like bugging people like this, but I really want the Wii and I don't plan to wait until next year. :-( Plus I know he wouldn't mind.
Unfortunately there's nothing they could do anyway, they are only there to deflect enquiries really and don't have any direct control of your order's fulfilment. The only thing they could do is upgrade your shipping as compensation, if it is not already at priority, but it still wouldn't affect the ship date. If you complain enough and mention the website was confusing or misleading you'll probably get a $5 gift certificate out of it, but that's about the height of it I'm afraid.

kojacker

jetpacks was yes said:
I'm in the exact same situation. Here is the last amazon response I got:

The underlined bit confuses me slightly. Will it ship on the 19th or sometime after? Bah, amazon customer service sucks.

Edit: I just got another unhelpful response from them.
You have to understand that what you receive are automated blurbs, bits of answers already written where they stick your order number and specifics dates inside it. They use a system called Arizona to look up your order, get the estimated shipping and delivery dates, and copy and paste that into the pre-written blurb. Most of them work at a company called Daskh, or they used to anyway, and have a very basic level of english. They don't read your message to any degree, just copy the details in and fire it back to you. Especially on your first contact.

They are encouraged to mix blurbs or rearrange bits to make the answers seem fresh, so you're not getting the same stuff back, and here's usually where the problems and mix up starts to happen.

sangreal

jetpacks was yes said:
So it's automated even when you get to the fourth, fifth response? So you think there's a chance they'll ship on the 19th?

I think you are seriously over analyzing the word "after" in those e-mails. They both read to me like they will ship it when it is released on the 19th.

I have an address in Miami with a courier. They receive my order there and then ship it over here to Costa Rica. If I buy the Wii in Costa RIca, for example, I'd be paying probably around $550-600 for it. Witht he courier, after I pay them the shipping, it would probably be under $300.

Anyway, I guess I'll give it some time and see what happens. Maybe they'll get enough units and send me one on release date or at least close to it.

kojacker

jetpacks was yes said:
So it's automated even when you get to the fourth, fifth response? So you think there's a chance they'll ship on the 19th?
Probably after 4th or 5th they'll ask a lead to "finish" it, you'll get the like it or lump it type response.

What does it say exactly under "Your account" right now as the shipping date? There's a slim chance it might ship sooner, but whatever CS says "Your account" has the only dates worth trusting.

kojacker said:
Probably after 4th or 5th they'll ask a lead to "finish" it, you'll get the like it or lump it type response.

What does it say exactly under "Your account" right now as the shipping date? There's a slim chance it might ship sooner, but whatever CS says "Your account" has the only dates worth trusting.

Code:
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: January 10, 2007

* 1 of: Nintendo Wii
      Sold by: Amazon.com

deadbycomputerbr7.gif

kojacker

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Code:
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: January 10, 2007

* 1 of: Nintendo Wii
      Sold by: Amazon.com

deadbycomputerbr7.gif
Hmmm it's possible it could be a bit of a place holder date, a week after new years. I wouldn't be surprised if even now they weren't sure of how many they'll get in the following shipments, plus there's always a load of people who order online as a backup and cancel later on.

You might still get one before christmas! It's a long shot, but you never know!

kojacker

jetpacks was yes said:
My account says Jan as well, but amazon emailed me saying that the date was incorrect.
Hopefully something's just mucked up behind the scenes. Keep an eye on it though and update us when it changes.

kojacker said:
Hmmm it's possible it could be a bit of a place holder date, a week after new years. I wouldn't be surprised if even now they weren't sure of how many they'll get in the following shipments, plus there's always a load of people who order online as a backup and cancel later on.

You might still get one before christmas! It's a long shot, but you never know!

I'm also getting the feeling that it may just be a mess with quantities and dates, so maybe I'll still get it on time.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Amazon employees have already stated several times that everyone who already has a Wii preordered with them will receive Wiis from their first shipment.

Amazon.com Video Games Editors said:
Initial post
First off, we'd like to thank all of you for continuing to drive this community and supporting Amazon.com.

At this time, we apologize but we do not yet have more information on preorders. We expect to have full details early next week at which point we will post those details here, in the discussion board, and send out an email notification to all of those who signed up for one.

Again, we know this will be short notice with a release date of 11/19 and we apologize for the delay.

Finally, a few notes:

1. There will be NO BUNDLES!

2. All customers who have already placed preorders will have their orders fulfilled in our first shipment from Nintendo. That means that you should be getting your Wii shortly after 11/19.

3. Zelda: Twilight Princess is no longer available for preorder. As above, all customers who have placed preorders will have their orders fulfilled in our first shipment from Nintendo. We do expect that we will have more units available for order on or around 11/19.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Brave Potato, Amazon Video Games

bdoughty

Banned
jarosh said:
plz answer kthx

Please inspect thread closely

He has mentioned TWICE kwlcm

I have an address in Miami with a courier. They receive my order there and then ship it over here to Costa Rica. If I buy the Wii in Costa RIca, for example, I'd be paying probably around $550-600 for it. Witht he courier, after I pay them the shipping, it would probably be under $300.

jarosh

bdoughty said:
Please inspect thread closely

He has mentioned TWICE kwlcm

oops

Top Bottom