• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMC planning a third Walking Dead TV series

I wish the show would focus it's attention towards the health of the characters we follow. More emphasis on food, water, meds. Also make the zombies varied. The older zombies will be slower. The younger zombies will be able to chase you with ease. Up the tension in ways that feel genuine. I've always pondered the thought of the Breaking Bad production being handed the Walking Dead series. MMHH!!

Papa

Banned
It’s like all those Kitchen Nightmares episodes where they can’t cook one thing right so they make the menu 20 pages long to compensate.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I really feel that at this point, they should be focusing more on an end game, more on a definite conclusion to the series. A cure, we all die, whatever. But have something concrete in sight and go for it.

At this stage, every episode feels like filler, like there’s not really anything happening. It just hasn’t been the same since they went to the CDC centre in the very first season, when you honestly had a sense of wonder about what what happen.

Now it’s all the same shit different day.

MPbX6OD.jpg

Kirkman or whoever is in charge of managing this brand did a pisspoor job. rather than nuture it with an iota of respect or thought for it's future, they whored it out like a bitch in a puppymill with zero quality control, shoving maggoty spaghetti down its throat.

fckin garbage. struck while the iron was hot. made monies. and now is left with lifeless flaccid shell. coulda become a long term universe. it had broken the mainstream barrier.

Last edited:
Take this from somebody that has watched the franchise for 8 seasons. It is dead. It must be burned in a fire. FTWD was a disgrace, TWD became a shitfest after season ~4, and this sounds like more of the same. Zombies just aren't interesting anymore, especially now that they aren't even the main focus or danger in any of these shows.

I had a faint shred of hope when the zombies started talking this last season, and then it turns out to be the dumbest shit imaginable. Just nuke it from orbit. Make it go away. Please. End it all forever.

Last edited:
This series went down the tube when Frank Darabont was let go/quit because they wanted to compromise creative vision over funding. Then, they seemed to extend the Prison Arc beyond what it should have went and then the Alexandria/Negan Arc lasted what seemed like an eternity and from what I've read on the internet and what people in my own life have told me, that last mentioned Arc really burned people out.

Noped out toward the end of the Prison Arc, saw a few episodes of the Alexandria/Negan Arc and noped out permanently.

Started out very strong, but the suits compromised the show quite a long time ago.

I’ve read all TWD comics up until the past few issues, havent gotten to them yet. I feel like there was a time when the show would alternate between being better and worse than the comic.

That went away probably with S7. I haven’t felt the show handled anything better than than the comic since then

cryptoadam

Banned
Just bring back Z nation.

Stopped caring about TWD 2 seasons back, and I was a huge fan read the comics before the show and everything.

Doom85

Really should have ended the Negan/war arc with no subplots left running. I've stopped watching after that and just don't care anymore, heck the war was pretty boring really (aside from the opening, walker Sasha jumping Negan, Carl doing a John Wick-style gun move, and Ezekiel's tiger owning a guy, not bad), funny how the Governor's attack on the prison halfway through S4 was so short yet more memorable in comparison. Now with Rick and Maggie gone and Michonne soon leaving as well, there's barely anyone left to care about. Daryl, Carol, Gabriel, that's about it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was doing his best to keep things entertaining as Negan but I doubt he'll be as fun to watch while captured. Like, maybe he'll be like Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs/Red Dragon and play mind games with the heroes but I feel there's only so much they could do with that.

I don't care if it's how the comic works (especially since I couldn't get far into it, the first trade had great artwork but then they switched artists and MAN is the replacement guy's artwork subpar and sadly it looked like he stayed on for good), TV shows going on this long are going to test most actors' patience and they will peace out and viewers will quickly lose interest. I mean, I really wonder if they were surprised a lot of their bigger characters' actors are wanting out? Like, they do realize on Doctor Who that not a single Doctor's actor hung around for 10+ years? Like, actors want to try new things, enhance their craft with different roles, find staying in the same character for too long to get boring, etc.

I can't imagine viewers are going to be sticking around for too much longer. Rick leaving had to have hurt ratings (if not immediately, then soon), and Michonne leaving just twists the knife further. If Daryl and/or Carol leaves, then that's got to be it. I mean, what's keeping viewers around, zombies? Oh boy, sure can't get that in tons of movies and video games!

cryptoadam

Banned
anyone who still watching this can give me a run down of the last 2 seasons?

Last thing I remember is the whole thing with Negan's group being trapped in their building and Rick's groups plan with some flash backs or flash forwards of old man Rick.

NickFire

I'm always done with the show(s). Then I always watch them. So yeah, I'm in for a third. Another country would be cool.

Top Bottom