• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo functions in Zelda: Breath of the Wild explained (Spoiler)

Dystify

00000562_820_461.png

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/4e2a9980-f7d8-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Link (Bow): You get ingredients such as meat or fish and also a bow with arrows

Link (Rider) gives Mushrooms and weapons, as well as tools for horses.

Zelda amiibo gives plants that you can use and shields.

Bokoblin amiibo give meat and the weapons that Bokoblin usually carry.

Lastly, the Guardian amiibo. They give ancient material.

If you use any of the Smash Zelda amiibo, you get meat and plants.

30th anniversary amiibo:
  • 8-bit Link will reward you with a random number of barrels. You might find rupees inside too!
  • Ocarina of Time Link will reward you with a random amount of meat.
  • Toon Link will reward you with a random amount of fish.
  • Wind Waker Zelda will reward you with a random selection of plants.

Su6r3ktseW6FG.gif

Wolf Link gives Wolf Link as a pet/partner.

Each amiibo can only used once per real world day.

Dystify

I edited the post. I think the guardian part may refer to the previous sentence. It basically asks about your own guardian. I assumed they meant in-game, but they probably just mean the amiibo. So there's no spoilers here I guess.

YOUR OWN WHAT?
Grabbing that Guardian amiibo paying off in dividendssssss

Edit: Saw edit. I hate you forever op I didn't know I wanted one until I thought I had one... Now if incantation have my own Guardian I will hate the game

Yukinari

I feel really lame wanting the amiibo of zelda considering she just gives you a shield and not the cool shit the other ones give you.

Actually the bokoblin one is really lame considering theres probably tons of bokoblins with weaponry.

The Guardian gives you shit to craft the energy bows folks. We already had a thread on this with the explanations from the US boxes (though it's nice to get more detailed explanations and pictures!)

Oh twisted fate, using the ancient material from fallen Guardians to build the very weapons that destroy them.

What does the TPHD amiibo do?

Brings you Wolf Link as a companion.

I feel really lame wanting the amiibo of zelda considering she just gives you a shield and not the cool shit the other ones give you.

Actually the bokoblin one is really lame considering theres probably tons of bokoblins with weaponry.

Hey man, she gives you means to snow board. That's bitchin.

The part where it says you can create your own guardian is the spoiler, I guess.

Say what?

That's like the one thing I secretly wanted from this game and never thought I get and you're telling me it's REAL.

God damn this game really is everything.

edit: NVM, Apparently that isn't confirmed.

So that's what ancient materials are. Looks like I'm going to collect all of them now.

Oh it's for arrows... Bad translation strikes again.

Dystify

All Zelda amiibo other than the 5 new ones and Wolf Link seem to give plants and meat. This includes Smash Zelda amiibo, 30th anniversary.

Grylvak

When they say "Each amiibo can be used once per day.", do they mean you can use all 14 treasure giving amiibo once a day? Minus Wolf Link of course since he does not give treasure.

When they say "Each amiibo can be used once per day.", do they mean you can use all 14 treasure giving amiibo once a day? Minus Wolf Link of course since he does not give treasure.

How often can you use them?

Is this a once per day thing?

Each amiibo can be used in this game once per day.

I'm pretty sure that means ALL of the amiibo compatible with the game, not just the ones that give treasure...I don't know where you got that part, Grylvak. (Unless you were just trying to roll back a grammatical slip-up in a roundabout fashion and I just misunderstood your meaning.)

Top Bottom