• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: The Bunker announced. Coming March 2023

SJRB

Gold Member

HE SHOT A FUCKING BARREL AND IT EXPLODED AND IT OPENED A DOOR

bruh-swag.gif

Melon Husk

I hope this is a condensed "back to basics" experience. Puzzle solving with a gun is a weird idea for a horror game.

Last edited:

peronmls

Wow, actual gameplay. Probably means there's going to be less puzzles. I love Penumbra, Amnesia 1 and Soma. Amnesia 2 was lacking puzzles and fear and Amnesia 3 was boring with crappy jump scare overlays. These games would be more enjoyable with VR especially the older titles with not a lot of gameplay. I'd play 3 again with VR. Not now though.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Played Amnesia Rebirth a little while ago, looking forward to how they implement the pseudo open world here.

Flabagast

Seems that they put the story on the back burner for this one to favor replayability (the director of the game says it himself). It's a shame as this really was becoming their strong point in their latest releases. Let's hope they come back to super solid and ambitious narrative experiences after this.

Drizzlehell

Banned
The only way I could be interested in playing games like this anymore is if they had a VR mode. Come on Frictional, do it.

4 hours long? Frictional is struggling these days huh? Even Penumbra games were like 7 hours or so. And the game looks far worse than their last 2 games visually. What the hell is going on with them? I know Amnesia Rebirth sucked ass but did it do so poorly in sales?

Flabagast

4 hours long? Frictional is struggling these days huh? Even Penumbra games were like 7 hours or so. And the game looks far worse than their last 2 games visually. What the hell is going on with them? I know Amnesia Rebirth sucked ass but did it do so poorly in sales?
Yeah it sold very very badly, way less than Soma

Top Bottom