• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animated Klonoa film in production (Henshin, Hitoshi Ariga)

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/henshin-developing-klonoa-animated-film-1201902826/

TOKYO – U.S.-based animation production company Henshin is developing an animation feature based on Bandai Namco’s “Klonoa” game series.

Henshin founder Rob Pereyda will produce and Hitoshi Ariga will script the film, as well as serve as co-producer and character designer. The announcement was revealed at TIFFCOM, the rights market of the Tokyo Film Festival.

No info on release date, availability, etc. Nevertheless, pretty cool development!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
ShiftyLook lives on, I see.

(Pereyda ran ShiftyLook and Ariga drew their Klonoa comic)

Sesha

Uh... huh. I guess they have to do something with their large stable of currently inactive IPs, when the cost of developing a new game is probably too much.

∀ Narayan;221818015 said:
Likewise. Or at least an HD collection.

I am excited for this, though.

ohhh i didn't even think about the possibility of getting an HD collection along with the release of this film.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand, feels....kind of late considering Klonoa hasn't appeared in any games lately...but....

(Pereyda ran ShiftyLook and Ariga drew their Klonoa comic)
This actually gives me hope. It's a shame their site shut down, they had some decent comics on older Namco properties.

Kyonashi

I'd kill for Lunatea's Veil as a PS2 classic on PS4. Remaster would be even better, but I just want an easy way to play it. Klonoa <3

Nice to know that Namco hasn't completely forgotten about Klonoa. I don't think anything much will come of this though.

How did the Wii game sale? How does Klonoa typically sell in Japan?

Would love a new game, or even a remaster.

It sold like ass. Come to think of it, I should probably sell my copy of the Wii version since it goes for a high rate these days.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I haven't, someone misinformed me that they were just ports of the main games.

I should have probably confirmed that. :(

Nope, they're original games that started on Wonderswan. The WS game and the first two GBA games are action-puzzle games and there's also a third Japan-only GBA game that's a top-down adventure game (I think?)

I believe the first two GBA games are available on Wii U Virtual Console.

Top Bottom