• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Injustice game, another "there may as well be a BATMAN™ fighting game" thread

Nah. We get plenty of Batman content already. Injustice gives us the best of both worlds: a solid roster of Batman characters plus a Red Lantern and his blood-vomiting space cat.

Looking at your vast roster, I'd take a sidescrolling beat 'em up with the Arkham aesthetic, the Guardian Heroes approach to enemies/NPC's and vast rosters (and Vs mode where no character is too underdeveloped or too ridiculous to play as), and the relatively straight forward, kick ass simplicity of something like Tekken 3's Force Mode.

That way we're not just getting too much of Netherealms formula or taking away from what Injustice is already doing to try and produce an EVO level moveset for Commissioner Gordon and Alfred, but they can still come through.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I'm honestly surprised they didn't make the sequel just about Batman, since that's what DC is sadly doing outside of their comic books lately.

Gleethor

If Netherrealm made a Batman fighting game instead of Injustice 3, it'd be hard to see it as anything but a step backwards. And WB certainly isn't going to pay for a non-NRS studio to make a fighting game.

Terrell

Unless you read the comics diligently, the villains in the DCU not affiliated with Batman that people know about is an insanely short list. You can blame that on DC over-exposing Batman in pop culture over other options. Suicide Squad was "The Harley Quinn and Joker Movie" to most of its attendees and knew nothing of the rest of the characters, even something quintessentially Batman as Killer Croc.
It's a matter of poor exposure and no one but DC is to blame.

Boss Doggie

Unless you read the comics diligently, the villains in the DCU not affiliated with Batman that people know about is an insanely short list. You can blame that on DC over-exposing Batman in pop culture over other options. Suicide Squad was "The Harley Quinn and Joker Movie" to most of its attendees and knew nothing of the rest of the characters, even something quintessentially Batman as Killer Croc.
It's a matter of poor exposure and no one but DC is to blame.

Exactly.

It's really weird when back then, even their original movies, had so much variety. Now they're all mostly batman or batman-sponsored. It sucks.

It's hilarious though when in the comics they're actually pretty diverse in portfolio and are actually selling well, but somehow the diversity and popularity didn't go so well to the non-comic book masses.

Boss Doggie

my main gripe about batman villains is that they are so indecisive whether they should be "grounded" or not.

Top Bottom