• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Switch owner turns their TV into a giant faux Switch.

baphomet

The end of that is the most cringey shit I've ever heard.

I'm sure that will do a lot of good only being able to use with the tv sitting on the ground.

Barnabot

When I saw the youtube snapshot I've felt the cringe. When I saw the actual video I realised I couldn't be more wrong about my perceptions of what is cringey.

This was some next level cringe. Holy shit.
My cringe filter just broke.

`BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH' moment timestamped for max cringe

Jesus Christ...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Zog

Banned
There is an entire sub on reddit that makes fun of the shit that fanatical Switch owners say and do. r/tomorrow.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I don't see any saying what a person can and can't do with their shit. Doesn't mean we can't say it's cringey as fuck, though. I mean, heaven forbid we have an opinion, right?

You know what’s REAL cringe? Some guy in an Internet forum taking the piss out of a guy for enjoying what he wants to enjoy. Yeah, have your opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s right. Just let people do what makes them happy, eh? With cunts like that orange fuck tard Trump and whatever the shit we have going on in the UK atm... Life is just too short man.

Geki-D

Banned
With cunts like that orange fuck tard Trump and whatever the shit we have going on in the UK atm... Life is just too short man.
tenor.gif

hahah wtf is this brown gold
Nintendo, like Sonic & My Little Pony seems to attract a very specific kind of public. Not to say these things don't have ordinary people who like them, but they also seem to have a very high number of "those kind of people".

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
tenor.gif

Nintendo, like Sonic & My Little Pony seems to attract a very specific kind of public. Not to say these things don't have ordinary people who like them, but they also seem to have a very high number of "those kind of people".
if you talk about those warhammer shops people i think i know what you mean.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i have a switch and i love it but....

i hate switch fans. with a passion.

they are the most insufferable, immature, and idiotic people in existence of this world.

"pls port RDR2 to switch!!!!"
"look at me....i turned my tv in to a SWITCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!"
"pls port cyberpunk 2077 to switch!!!!!"
"haha...look at my tv....it's a big switch!!!"
"pls port persona 5 to switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
if you talk about those warhammer shops people i think i know what you mean.
Yeah; socially awkward, not very self-aware, poor hygiene, obsessive, immature, learning difficulties...

Though to be fair the guy in the video doesn't really seem like this. I think he falls more into the casual hipster playing Nintendo out of nostalgia category. That too seems like a large portion of the Switch player base from my experience.

they are the most insufferable, immature, and idiotic people in existence of this world.

Too true, reminds me of le switch birthday parties on reddit lmao

tenor.gif

Not to say these things don't have ordinary people who like them, but they also seem to have a very high number of "those kind of people".

Which can be said about everything - there are always a group of fans that people who aren’t fans think take things too far (and into the overused “cringy” zone).

Just think, there are people who spend time posting detailed threads on forums about video games. They even post things they call “OT”s and spend a lot of time creating them.

WTF is wrong with those people? That is cringy as fuck.

Did I do that right? Am I cool now?

Rgw20014life

Neo Member

So you Hate yourself? Haha. Anyway I came into the thread and saw all the lol cringe responses and figured it can't be that bad. Clicked on the video and yeah it is that bad.

Zog

Banned
You know what’s REAL cringe? Some guy in an Internet forum taking the piss out of a guy for enjoying what he wants to enjoy. Yeah, have your opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s right. Just let people do what makes them happy, eh? With cunts like that orange fuck tard Trump and whatever the shit we have going on in the UK atm... Life is just too short man.
When you put it on the internet for all to see (presumably for karma) you open yourself up to criticism. There was a thread a few days ago on r/NintendoSwitch where someone put a Mario Odyssey moon on his graduation cap. If you want to geek out be my guest but if you put it on the internet for all to see and judge....

Last edited:

Pejo

Pretty cool idea for cabinets inside side panels :) I wish I had this much space to waste in my house
Agreed, the design itself is tacky outside of a specific game room, but I love the idea for the cabinets to hold controllers/games.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Rest of the video is standard YouTube shit
Even the "I'm not as great as..." stuff was okay

Then you fucking killed it with "I'm the best at being myself."
Well no shit dude lol

Last edited:

Stuart360

Switch fans annoy when they say the Swicth is only 'slightly' less powerful than PS4 and XB1 (when its actually 3-5 times less powerful), and moan when certain games dont come, or when a game gets a dodgy port down to 'lazy devs'.
They always bring out the 'but Doomz and Wolenztein guys!', yes those ports that are half the resolution (less than half at times), half the framerate, lower resoltuon textures, missing or worse shadows, missing or worse lighting, higher LOD, missing geomatry completely, yes those ports? lol.

Alebrije

Well , if your watch the video and turn off the volume it looks like a nice game room project to hide consoles, games , etc.

But once you hear the guy talking :

tenor.gif

I have some tools an like to do some wood projects for my kids and this looks nice for a smaller tv.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i have never seen anyone going from zero to retard this fast :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yeah I’m far too old to be cool. As you age you stop caring about what other people’s perceptions are and you just do you.
Well, you have 4 old people liked your post now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

About the video, that actually looks kinda cool for a kid's room. A smaller cabinet though.

I'll be honest here, that image didn't make me want to click on the video, as in all honesty it looked so cringey and I only got manbaby vibes from it. If he actually had a different image that's more mature, like at least standing beside it showing off his creation, or slightly changing his video title to not be clickbaity. The video itself isn't bad.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

On the plus side, at least switch developers tend to support gyroscope aiming and it's an outrage when someone doesn't.

Orenji Neko

I know exactly of what you speak. Also for the list:

“X game, ANY game, can be made to work on the Switch by Panic Button. RDR2? Call up Panic Button! Panic Button! PANIC BUTTON!!!!!”

Just for the record, I have and enjoy a Switch too, but yeah, not too crazy about those types of Switch owners. See a lot of that shit on the Nintendolife website.

This wasn't as crinch as I expected it to be especially being able to tell the dude is a complete soyboy but that fucking ending...
Also dude mentions his legs which are shit. Do some fucking squats you lanky ass motherfucker.

I would say hate is a strong word but yeah they are annoying as hell.

TLZ

Banned
This wasn't as crinch as I expected it to be especially being able to tell the dude is a complete soyboy but that fucking ending...
Also dude mentions his legs which are shit. Do some fucking squats you lanky ass motherfucker.

I would say hate is a strong word but yeah they are annoying as hell.
What's a soyboy? Lol.

Top Bottom