• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antonio Brown tries to embarass Tom Brady by posting a text message. It backfires

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/15/antonio-brown-tom-brady-text-nfl-news-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Turns out that Tom is actually a pretty nice guy and really wanted to help this dude. A shame that Brown is such a self-serving idiot and only cares about himself.

“You are demonstrating very poor decisions and poor communication to so many people who have gone above and beyond to help you,” Brady wrote, according to Brown’s screen shot. “You are acting selfish and unfortunately many of those people are exhausted by the erratic and unpredictable emotional behavior. When I met you, you were humble, willing to learn and anxious to improve things in your life. In a short period of time, you have done those things and accomplished some great things. And very much on the path to success long term. Unfortunately you have reverted very much back to a young immature man that is selfish, self serving, irrational and irresponsible.”

Brady added: “I for one, am disappointed in many behaviors over the past few months. You have seemed to have lost that humility and that APG. You have gone from hanging around good quality people that had genuine interest in seeing you succeed, to seeing others whose lives are erratic and out of control and leading you down a negative path.”

diffusionx

Gold Member
Brady took Brown under his wing, revitalized his career when he was down, and helped him get a ring. And for that Brown has shown nothing but contempt and mockery. What a bad guy. I mean how could any one read that text and think of it as anything but Tom trying to be straight with this dude.

Well, Brady will be fine, he will rebound from his divorce and come out a winner while Brown will keep circling the drain.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
really sad what happened to AB, they say he never been the same since this dirty ass play. Should be charged with manslaughter doing something like that

Tom has been really good to him considering all the nonsense he's had to put up with from him

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not surprised. NFL players by far are the biggest dumbasses. They seem to have more issues, crime waves, arrested for murder, smashing up their car etc... than probably baseball, basketball and hockey combined (key US/Canada sports people follow).

Too much bravado and smashing their heads together rots your brain.

GymWolf

Not surprised. NFL players by far are the biggest dumbasses. They seem to have more issues, crime waves, arrested for murder, smashing up their car etc... than probably baseball, basketball and hockey combined (key US/Canada sports people follow).

Too much bravado and smashing their heads together rots your brain.
Hilarious when you consider that they play the pussy version of this sport.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't go there, lol. People always try to claim rugby, but their rules don't allow for half the collisions of 300lb+ monsters that bench 600+lbs and can run the 40 in 4.3-5 seconds. It's like a freight train going 0 to 100mph into your body.

GymWolf

Don't go there, lol. People always try to claim rugby, but their rules don't allow for half the collisions of 300lb+ monsters that bench 600+lbs and can run the 40 in 4.3-5 seconds. It's like a freight train going 0 to 100mph into your body.
On the other hand, players play with almost no protections so every little bit of violence is fully absorbed by their body and sure as hell it is not a gentle sport without heavy contact.

I think it is the same as boxe and ufc, both dangerous but for different reasons.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
On the other hand, players play with almost no protections so every little bit of violence is fully absorbed by their body and sure as hell it is not a gentle sport without heavy contact.

I think it is the same as boxe and ufc, both dangerous but for different reasons.
They don't have nearly the same size or speed of play/collisions in comparison.

Not saying it's not a rough sport, because rugby is, but the NFL is by no means "pussy" because of the small pads and helmets. They are there for a reason, and it's due the brutality (size and speed) of the sport.

Last edited:

Smiggs

Damn, I hate going out of my way to say nice things about Tom Brady, but he seems like he genuinely cared a great deal about AB. I really wonder if that hit by Burfict started the descent into madness, or just sped up the inevitable.

Regardless, good on Tom for trying to do what he could to help out.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never really watched rugby, but back in the day my brothers and I would watch Aussie Rules Football which TSN would show at like 2 am. I dont even know if that was a live match or it was just filler for middle of the night time slots.

Crazy fun. They almost always showed Hawthorne (the bumblebee uniforms) so I rooted for them even though I knew nothing about the league.

Guys are tackling and dragging guys down and they'd kick the ball super accurately at sharp angles between the posts.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How did your little rugby baby describe the nfl when he tapped out?
Dan Adongo had literally non existent stats in 5 games played. Not a single tackle. The NFL is a very technical sport as it is violent. Takes several years for players to fully grasp the systems. Especially to a rugby player used to more simplicity in the clubs/teams plays, etc..

Last edited:

StormCell

really sad what happened to AB, they say he never been the same since this dirty ass play. Should be charged with manslaughter doing something like that

Tom has been really good to him considering all the nonsense he's had to put up with from him

Why am I not f'ing surprised to see it was the Bengals. Same team that basically body slammed Tua and left him on the field with a concussion for all of America to witness.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why am I not f'ing surprised to see it was the Bengals. Same team that basically body slammed Tua and left him on the field with a concussion for all of America to witness.
That wasnt a dirty play. Vontaze is a legendary dirty player though, cost the team a win against the Stoolers when they probably had the most talented team in the playoffs.

Top Bottom