• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any good Eye Toy games?

TheGrue

Just got a PS2 for Christmas for the main purpose of playing Guitar Hero, but also for catching up on all the great games I missed when I stupidly sold my original PS2 back in 2002 (yes, I kicked myself continuously afterwards for doing it). At any rate, my son sees the Eye Toy in the store and keeps bugging me to get it, but I have the nagging feeling that none of the games for it are any good. Anyone know if this is the case?

daMandus

I've played most of them except for the ones based on Disney-stuff and Ape Escape. None of them are worth the trubble of re-decorating your room for every gaming session. So if you don't have a lot of space and good lightning I wouldn't bother.

Matlock

Banned
I've played damn near all of them, and I can tell you that...

Groove is good.

Other than that, not so much.

daMandus

Yeah, I agree that Groove is the best one. But hey, music and games can't be bad (well, I've seen some actually). :)

User 406

Banned
Antigrav is great. It tracks your head and hands so you can crouch down for more speed, jump over obstacles, lean to turn, and move your hands to grab bonus targets and perform tricks. The tracks are long and well designed with different routes to take with lots of jumps and grind rails. It's really a full featured videogame as opposed to most of the rest of the Eyetoy lineup.

Play and more so Play 2 are both fun in my opinion. I'd put them up there with Donkey Konga which at first is addictive fun which will wear out soon, but it is enjoyable enough that you'll hook it up every month or so.

Top Bottom