• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any hype for the Killer Clowns From Outerspace Game? Releases June 4th

Garibaldi

I remember being utterly terrified of the movie when I was a kid in the 80s. Since I'm soft as shit, I'll stick to more family friendly games. Alien Isolation and that.

kunonabi

It's definitely something I wanted but I can't preorder which means I won't get the bath outfits so I'm kind of soured on it at the moment. I'll probably still grab it but not for awhile.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is the announcement trailer the only thing they have shown?
The video in the OP is a gameplay overview.

That being said, it looks like this game only has a single map? That seems incredibly lame.

clintar

My sister will def stay away from this one.
killer klowns from outer space vintage GIF

Toots

Gold Member
The idea of the means to escape not having enough room for everyone is pretty good, if original.
Betrayal can make for great online moments.

Funny thing after watching the trailer for this I decided to buy the movie. Its pretty weird but I enjoyed it.

A game like this does seem interesting to me.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Oh proxy chat again. That will make some gold moments. Im afraid to drop 40 for this. Seems like there is 0 hype, no one knows its coming out and these games are only good in the first month where everyone is clueless. Sadly i predict an even faster death than TCM :(

These games just cant coexist with DBD altho i liked evil dead and TCM way more than DBD

Last edited:
It was a C tier horror movie from the 90s...maybe late 80s? Not even sure attaching the franchise name would do anything to help it as most people today never even heard of it.

Not usually into this type of game, and gamplay wise this seems pretty by-the-numbers... but, I fucking love Killer Klowns so going to pick this up just to give a thumbs up for taking a risk and making a game based on the niche franchise.

I feel like these types of games would have worked better in the original xbox live era where everybody actually spoke on the headset, it's sort of weird how in modern online gaming actually talking to strangers sort of just stopped being a thing.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, even if they've been janky, all their games have been fun for me. I loved Friday the 13th the most, but then that whole stupid lawsuit/court case happened and screwed the whole project up.

I'll surely be picking this up ASAP.

kunonabi

Oh proxy chat again. That will make some gold moments. Im afraid to drop 40 for this. Seems like there is 0 hype, no one knows its coming out and these games are only good in the first month where everyone is clueless. Sadly i predict an even faster death than TCM :(

These games just cant coexist with DBD altho i liked evil dead and TCM way more than DBD
I think it stands a slightly better chance than tcm does. It has more expected features and better customization and worthwhile stuff to play for. TCM gives almost no incentive to keep playing and the game has been so poorly supported with minimal, and lazy, content that much of the goodwill for it got zapped quicker. It's also too focused on only adding content that fits their story and what the first film's writer views as appropriate. Klowns may not have the same strength as an IP but it has way more going for it in terms of possible content and support to actually retain players.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Im watching lirik and game is fun af but im still not gonna pay 40 for this. Burned too many times by games like these that died so fast for different reasons. Will keep my eyes on it tho

Kings Field

Downloaded and ready to go once I get off work tonight.

Just recently stopped playing F13. Played since launch and had a blast so hopefully this has the same legs. TCM died rather quickly.

I really wish a dev would just make a damn singleplayer game based on these classic horror franchises. I guess the potential profit of a live service game is just too much to ignore.

Anyway, I watched a stream of the game and it seems fine. Bit janky but that's par for the course for these types of games, really.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Who the fuck likes the fart smelled clowns as adults? If anyone had prolonged exposure to clowns, I'm sure they suffered some kind of mental handicap.

Top Bottom