• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone still playing Everybody's Golf (PS4)?

TexMex

Probably a long shot but I got way back into it for the first time since launch and was surprised to see at how all the social spaces and online community are still thriving. I love the 3 click swing Hot Shots Golf games (and Mario Golf) but this one is really great. Expands on a lot of the social stuff they sort of dabbled with in the Vita release (World Invitational).

Lot of developer run tournaments still going with tons of participation.

Anyone from the GAF on at all? I see it dropped to 20 bucks now so if you liked Hot Shots games in the past.

Shifty1897

I've been meaning to pick it up, I was a big fan of the Vita release and the Mario Golf games and it's been a while since I've played one!

JSoup

Banned
It's a popular games for early gen boosting among trophy hunters. You could probably easily find some play partners on any tracker site (PSNProfles, etc).

Setzer

It's a good game and definitely worth it for $20. I've been playing this series since the PS1 era and Hot Shots Fore(PS2) was the pinnacle of the series imo.

This game lacks the content and # courses from the previous entries but it has some good online modes and character customization. Instead of selecting a premade character you actually get to create and level up your own character, something you couldn't do in the previous games.

Last edited:

TexMex

It's a popular games for early gen boosting among trophy hunters. You could probably easily find some play partners on any tracker site (PSNProfles, etc).

Not sure how you would boost trophies in this? The hardest ones by far are tied to getting hole in one on par 5s (three times), beyond that it’s grinding out all the single player stuff.

It's a good game and definitely worth it for $20. I've been playing this series since the PS1 era and Hot Shots Fore(PS2) was the pinnacle of the series imo.

This game lacks the content and # courses from the previous entries but it has some good online modes and character customization. Instead of selecting a premade character you actually get to create and level up your own character, something you couldn't do in the previous games.

I initially missed the fun characters from the Hot Shots series (especially 3 and Fore) but the character growth and customization has made me definitely prefer this over time.

Agree with the courses, but after all the DLC there’s just as many if not more than priors I think. Sucks, but you can buy the base game and all those courses now for less than the cost of most games so it’s kinda whatever.

Bought them all when I popped this in again.

Last edited:
No longer playing, but I sank around 100 hours into it for the platinum trophy. I platinumed previous Hot Shot Golf titles and am a huge fan of the series, which is one you don’t need other players around to enjoy.

Definitely worth whatever you choose to spend on it, IMO.

recma12

Yo OP, you got lucky.

There was a pretty big gaming drought for me between Doom Eternal and TLOU2.
Picked up EGolf at the supermarket for 10€ and had a fucking blast.
Pretty much beat the single player mode. Had fun playing with my buddy.

Can't recommend this game enough for people who need a little filler between releases.
It's cheap too.

Yup only downside of the game: it released at the height of the DLC/MTX boom, long before players pushed back against EA Battlefront, Ubisoft etc.
And it shows, game could really use some additional content and less invasive shop fuckery.

Last edited:

TexMex

No longer playing, but I sank around 100 hours into it for the platinum trophy. I platinumed previous Hot Shot Golf titles and am a huge fan of the series, which is one you don’t need other players around to enjoy.

Definitely worth whatever you choose to spend on it, IMO.

Any recommendations on how to get the three condors or is it all just RNG at a certain point.

JSoup

Banned
Not sure how you would boost trophies in this? The hardest ones by far are tied to getting hole in one on par 5s (three times), beyond that it’s grinding out all the single player stuff.

I've not played the game myself, but I see people asking for sessions all the time. I assumed that it either had a few online trophies or some of the single player stuff could be cheesed in multiplayer.

Or maybe it's just that damn good of a game and people want to play more of it.

TexMex

I've not played the game myself, but I see people asking for sessions all the time. I assumed that it either had a few online trophies or some of the single player stuff could be cheesed in multiplayer.

Or maybe it's just that damn good of a game and people want to play more of it.

Yeah gotta be the latter. Only one online trophy, and it's just for participating in an online tournament - don't even have to win.

Not sure how I'm going to get those condors though. Apparently you can upgrade some custom clubs after you beat the main game (which is very long) and there's a handful of holes where you can get it done with the right RNG.

Allforce

If you want to add me just for leaderboard fodder feel free (does this game show your friend's scores at all?). AllforcePSN

drganon

I bought it a couple of years ago and liked it, but also haven't played it in forever. As far as arcade style sports games go, it's one of the best for this gen.

jigglet

Banned
Really good game, but for some reason I stopped playing. Would be great on the Switch. I know it's a Sony property though.

Kokoloko85

I picked it up and really Enjoyed it.

What Im Really looking forward to next gen is being able to pause and resume / stanby a list of games like what the Xbox series X and PS5 will do.

Perfect for when I want to drop into a quick game of Everybody‘s Golf and Gran Turismo, doom etc

Love hot shots but the latest one turned me off with the art direction changes and the focus on social and online.

I also heard its very grindy with lots of IAPs

DrDamn

Not played in a long time but loved the game and series. Only thing I didn't like was the RNG crap added on to swings which wasn't a factor of your clicks - just random. Really screws you over on the trickier courses. Hit the perfect shot but RNG means you go out of bounds. Did they ever adjust that?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have it, but only played it a bit. I love these damn games, but for some reason, I only have sunk serious time into the portable versions. I still play the PSP game sometimes (the Vita one got a little too difficult IMO).

TexMex

Not played in a long time but loved the game and series. Only thing I didn't like was the RNG crap added on to swings which wasn't a factor of your clicks - just random. Really screws you over on the trickier courses. Hit the perfect shot but RNG means you go out of bounds. Did they ever adjust that?

Unsure what you mean here. I’ve never had a ball go out of bounds that I didn’t earn. Your shot accuracy on the 3 click is all you.

Only RNG in the game to me are course conditions like weather and wind, but that’s part of the game and you should adjust accordingly for those.

Yeah gotta be the latter. Only one online trophy, and it's just for participating in an online tournament - don't even have to win.

Not sure how I'm going to get those condors though. Apparently you can upgrade some custom clubs after you beat the main game (which is very long) and there's a handful of holes where you can get it done with the right RNG.

Last thing I need for the plat.

I still play it a lot, but I don't play it consistently anymore. I go hot and cold on it. It took me a long time to get the platinum. As mentioned, the condor challenges are tough, but getting every NPC into your gallery, catching all of the fish, etc. also takes time. I'm at a point now where I have every single piece of clothing and accessory in the store, plus tons of winnings and gems, but nothing to spend them on. The only time I use gems is to repair a weakened club set. Despite all of the above, and even after platinuming the game, I've still never made it to level 16 or 17. I suspect I never will.

DrDamn

Unsure what you mean here. I’ve never had a ball go out of bounds that I didn’t earn. Your shot accuracy on the 3 click is all you.

Only RNG in the game to me are course conditions like weather and wind, but that’s part of the game and you should adjust accordingly for those.

It's the club impact point, shown bottom left after you hit and yes it is absolutely random. Control stat, perfect impact, it cares not a jot and will mess up your shot enough on the really tough courses to take you oob. You can find threads complaining about if you look for them. It can also be largely unnoticeable on earlier courses.

See here and read the description.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the tip. I was thinking I was in the mood for a golf game just the other day. Hopefully it's something you can enjoy singleplayer, rather than having to play online.

Grinchy

Banned
I played the shit out of the PS3 and Vita ones. For some reason I skipped this, but I did grab the really barebones VR one. That version would be awesome if it was an actual, full game and not such a minimal effort.

bender

What time is it?
I still login once every couple of weeks to see if any tournaments are going. It's a pretty good game but the open world nature was a gimmick and I hope they return to the old format.

Mobilemofo

I fancy a fun golf game. Don't like playing it in person but on console it's great. This still worth picking up? Will I get battered as a noob? 😅

G-Bus

Banned
Hmm.. eyed this up a few times. $20 is tempting.

Haven't played a golf game since Mario Golf on N64. I know the wife remembers and like that.

Too many damn games and no time.

TexMex

I fancy a fun golf game. Don't like playing it in person but on console it's great. This still worth picking up? Will I get battered as a noob? 😅

There's so much single player content you won't really have to worry about it if you want to avoid the online, but yeah, people are incredibly good at this point.

Top Bottom