• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade racing game Inertial Drift announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Bullet Club

Arcade racing game Inertial Drift announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Due out in spring 2020.

pifSNsX.jpg

Publisher PQube and developer Level 91 Entertainment have announced Inertial Drift, an arcade racing game with a unique handling model and twin-stick controls due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in spring 2020.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:

About

Set in a 90s retro future, Inertial Drift is an arcade racer with a devastatingly unique handling model and unbelievably satisfying twin-stick drift mechanics. Inertial Drift offers a whole new level of accessibility and challenge to the arcade racing genre—for a driving experience genuinely unlike anything you’ve played before.

Key Features
  • Twin-Stick Arcade RacingInertial Drift tears up the racing rule book with innovative twin-stick controls, completely re-imagined driving mechanics and a roster of fiercely individual cars.
  • Unique Twin-Stick Controls – The right hand stick gives you total control over your drift. Intuitive for new players and uniquely challenging for pros.
  • 16 Fiercely Individual Cars – Each vehicle is a totally different beast with unique characteristics to master.
  • 20 Demanding Tracks – Tear through neon city streets, race around rural temple complexes and hurtle down winding mountain passes.
Watch the announcement trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

Stuart360

It reminds me of that PS1 racing game that looked very similar, Motor Raid or something like that, it was in high rez (for PS1). That game sucked, and this looks no better.

Birdo

Banned
These indie arcade racers are all starting to look the same. Same drift mechanics, same 80's asthetic.

They also list the twin stick controls as features twice........ Not looking promising when you have to repeat features to make it look interesting.

Rayderism

Even though I prefer arcade over sim racers, this game doesn't look like anything all that special to me. It looks like it's just Ridge Racer with some goofy twin-stick drifting controls. Drifting has always been my least favorite mode in arcade racers. To me, there's a big difference between power sliding, which feels badass when done well, and drifting, which just feels like the tires are made of plastic.

xrnzaaas

"Unique Twin-Stick Controls" Feels more like a very low effort of turning mobile touch controls into proper pad controls.

Last edited:

cireza

Does not look fun, which is the exact opposite of what I was expecting of a racing game with "drift" in the title.

INC

Meh was hoping for a burnout clone, instead we got a game for people who wear Monster energy drink branded clothes

Top Bottom