• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla had twice the number of active players than Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Ubisoft has announced exceptional player activity for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the latest iteration of the Assassin’s Creed franchise. As the press release reads, the number of active players on launch day for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla doubled that of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft co-founder and CEO, said:
“We are humbled by the reception from the players and extremely proud of what our teams have accomplished. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla builds on the amazing success of its predecessors. In the context of COVID-19, shipping Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on no less than seven platforms is an incredible achievement for us”.

Furthermore, the game has reached high levels of viewership and engagement on Twitch and YouTube that surpass any Ubisoft game launch to date.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
well yeah. There are more people BECAUSE Odyssey was a hit. Most day 1 sales are based on anticipation which is usually tied how good the last game in the series was.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

It's a launch game, it's to be expected when the new options are few. Launch games always sell gangbusters when people are looking for stuff to test their new hardware.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Don't forget Uplay+, I'm sure a lot of those people are here for a month, just the time to try WD Legion and AC Valhalla & see they are crap.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Those who really liked odyssey, how is the game?
15 hours in and its a good game imo. Not quite as good as Odyssey, well so far, it took me 7 hours until i saw the title screen lol.
England is gorgeous, and very varied, which is nice after Odyssey's samey (but beautiful) environments.
There are just a few niggles that annoy me, like the way the side quests dont have quest markers, or logs you can go back and read to find out what you're supposed to be doing, or where to go. So you really have to listen to what you are being told by the npc's.
Also other little niggles, more quality of life niggles.
But overall its a very good game, and if you liked Odyssey and Origins, you will like this.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Those who really liked odyssey, how is the game?
It feels less bloated so I'm liking it more than Odyssey, and I enjoyed that one a lot. Although the screen tearing is ridiculously distracting and needs to be patched immediately. It's too much for me.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It feels less bloated so I'm liking it more than Odyssey, and I enjoyed that one a lot. Although the screen tearing is ridiculously distracting and needs to be patched immediately. It's too much for me.

I liked the setting of Odyssey more I think but it took fucking forever to get started. Like 10 hours before I was like...ok this is cool.

Top Bottom