• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Birth of a New World: The American Saga. (Last-Gen), October 28th.

J-Skee

rogue has to go in next year's GEN7 collection, AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, ACIII, AC BF and AC Rogue

Dear God, make it stop. This can be part of that Final Fantasy XV joke. Since it was announced, 8 Assassin's Creed games (including Unity) have been released. That doesnt even include the handheld games!

I would pay $60 just for a PS4 remaster of Assassin's Creed 3.

I know a lot of people hate that game, but it stands as one of my favorites in the series despite it's flaws.

Plus, Connor is a badass. Best movement and combat animations in the series, bar none.

kewlmyc

I know what they were going for, but it's still hilarious.

bandit_keith_by_daken000.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
^YES
Jesus Christ. 3 Assassins Creed releases this year?

3 worst games in the series.

I disagree.

I'm not the biggest ACIV fan, but even that game (for some reason) is an AC game people really loved.

Liberation is good, too. Hopefully more people will be exposed to this game in this collection if they didn't pick up the HD version to begin with.

I know a lot of people hate that game, but it stands as one of my favorites in the series despite it's flaws.

Plus, Connor is a badass. Best movement and combat animations in the series, bar none.

I absolutely agree on animations. Amazing stuff. I really missed the option to main a big weapon with great moveset.

Disagree on the other stuff though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I was hoping these were getting re-released on PS4.

Admittedly AC3 on the PS4 doesn't excite me all that much. Neither does Liberation HD.

Toa TAK

Banned
ACIII remastered on the current consoles would be my end all-be all for the series.

I would be a very happy man.

jcm

When you see them all together like that, you can really appreciate just how much better Aveline's design is. They should have put her in the middle.

Toa TAK

Banned
People who think that Black Flag is on the same level as 3 are insane or haven't played Black Flag.

Conversely, those who think Black Flag is this amazing juggernaut of a game over ACIII make me go ????? as well.

It runs on the same engine and plays the same for the most part (weapon selection is different), the naval aspect is the biggest feature that was worth the redesign. But other then that (and it got old fast) ACIV just had the benefit of getting its feet wet in a new engine, and recognizing the glitches and other technical problems that plagued ACIII's release.

... This is a truly horrible collection. If you're going to bundle a series, it might be of interest to include the installments that were actually good.

They've already done that. There's already an Ezio-trilogy bundle and also a bundle with every game up to Assassin's Creed 3 (so 5 games on total).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Assassin's Creed: Birth of a New World: The American Saga: 2: Hoops Barkley in: I Won't Shop At Panera Bread Because They Won't Let Me Open Carry My AR-15!

flkraven

Jeez. So that is 3 different Assassin's Creed products on the shelf in a 2 month window. Can't they atleast spread this shit around?

Conversely, those who think Black Flag is this amazing juggernaut of a game over ACIII make me go ????? as well.

It runs on the same engine and plays the same for the most part (weapon selection is different), the naval aspect is the biggest feature that was worth the redesign. But other then that (and it got old fast) ACIV just had the benefit of getting its feet wet in a new engine, and recognizing the glitches and other technical problems that plagued ACIII's release.

I'm with you.

I like Black Flag a great deal. It's probably still my most played PS4 game (though Diablo 3 is catching up quick). But it didn't hold anywhere near the weight or satisfaction to me as AC3. A lot of that comes down to setting, narrative, main character arc, and the simple fact that AC3 - for all it's faults - felt like a huge leap forward, while AC4 felt very very iterative.

I can understand the dislike for the game others have. But I prefer the game where Ubisoft shot for the stars and missed, than the one where they played clean-up and made a few tweaks to the foundation that was already laid. Plus, the main character in 4 may have been more overtly charming in that Han Solo way, but he had neither the depth or the evolution that Connor had. The setting was beautiful and fun to play around in, but lacked that historical gravitas.

TL;DR - AC4 felt like goofy, superficial, polished fun for the sake of fun. Which is great! But AC3 felt like it was aiming for something bigger, deeper and tougher. And yeah, it missed the mark. There are parts of that game I loathe. But as far as looking back on the sum total of the experience, AC3 will stick with me a lot longer than AC4.

ShinLuigi

Banned

Are you me?

AHA-Lambda

Jesus Christ. 3 Assassins Creed releases this year?

3 worst games in the series.

This year? But Liberation HD came out in January ;)

That's 4 :p

Completely agreed.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm with you.

I like Black Flag a great deal. It's probably still my most played PS4 game (though Diablo 3 is catching up quick). But it didn't hold anywhere near the weight or satisfaction to me as AC3. A lot of that comes down to setting, narrative, main character arc, and the simple fact that AC3 - for all it's faults - felt like a huge leap forward, while AC4 felt very very iterative.

I can understand the dislike for the game others have. But I prefer the game where Ubisoft shot for the stars and missed, than the one where they played clean-up and made a few tweaks to the foundation that was already laid. Plus, the main character in 4 may have been more overtly charming in that Han Solo way, but he had neither the depth or the evolution that Connor had. The setting was beautiful and fun to play around in, but lacked that historical gravitas.

TL;DR - AC4 felt like goofy, superficial, polished fun for the sake of fun. Which is great! But AC3 felt like it was aiming for something bigger, deeper and tougher. And yeah, it missed the mark. There are parts of that game I loathe. But as far as looking back on the sum total of the experience, AC3 will stick with me a lot longer than AC4.

Are you me?

Completely agreed.
I love you guys.

As for everyone else:
tumblr_mdf176tcqm1qixgra.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
AC3 had it's fair share of problems and, whilst it drove me up the wall sometimes, it's still a good game. AC4 was the biggest departure for the series to date and was a lot more fun for it, but I thought the actual land-based missions were below the series' standards. Personally I prefer AC4, but I think AC3 gets way too much hate (imo it was the most ambitious game in the series)

Revelations, on the other hand, is an abomination. It actually feels every bit the handheld game that it was originally supposed to be.

You have my tomahawk, my friend. Also, you live up to your name. AC3 is my favorite AC and Connor one of my favorite fictional characters. But apparently he's too whiney and boring... somethig the complaints tend to relate to.

Yoday

This is weird. Instead of throwing Liberation in there they should have just waited and included Rogue next year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but the best game in the collection doesn't even involve america

[edit] tho i guess it's set in the americas

I'd be fun to make a list of all the different editions of all AC games that came out.

Personally I bought the Anthology that came out exclusively on Amazon. It contained AC 1, 2, Revelations, Brotherhood, 3 and all the DLC for all games, in a brand new packaging, for 99 €.

Now THAT was an awesome offer. I don't know if it came out anywhere other than France though.

Top Bottom