• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiophile Gaf: Huawei delivers 1.5 mbs lossless sound quality

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Today Huawei released the new L2HC 3.0 standard This has become the world's fastest lossless sound quality transmission among audio codec formats. I'm going to have to try their new earbuds with this new codec.

Don't @ me with the PRC is going to steal my shaved butthole pics.

Last edited:

Soodanim

As it's not explicitly stated in the OP and only mentioned near the end of the article, this is indeed a wireless technology.

Shame it's proprietary and led by one company, but now that the bar has been raised we may see an open standard emerge.

I'm curious about power consumption.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Will it work on my iPhone?

YCoCg

And yet most music is still recorded and rendered at 16bit / 44100Hz.
At 1.5Mbps this actually means you can play uncompressed CD quality without any quality loss, should be enough for upto 16bit / 48000Hz actually, the important part here will be latency, if we're finally at 16bit/48Khz then that covers pretty much majority use cases for most users.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
At 1.5Mbps this actually means you can play uncompressed CD quality without any quality loss, should be enough for upto 16bit / 48000Hz actually, the important part here will be latency, if we're finally at 16bit/48Khz then that covers pretty much majority use cases for most users.
I don't question the capabilities but the demand. It's already possible to have a much higher bit depth and bit rate outside of AAC and the support from producers is still marginal.

Roxkis_ii

I don't mind Bluetooth, but when I really want an audio experience, I plug in my headphone jack. I'm holding on to my lg v60 for dear life right now.

I really don't want to depend on one company for my needs if I don't have to.

AJUMP23

Leaving the MP3 codec behind would be amazing, and getting back to high quality music in digital formats should be a priority.

Also Chia is going to include spyware in that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don’t know anything about digital files but all I know is if I download a song at that 192-rating. Kbs or kHz or whatever. It seems fine. The biggest issue is whether or not the song file is recorded mono or stereo.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Today Huawei released the new L2HC 3.0 standard This has become the world's fastest lossless sound quality transmission among audio codec formats. I'm going to have to try their new earbuds with this new codec.

Don't @ me with the PRC is going to steal my shaved butthole pics.
how many pictures of your shaved butthole do you have?

SiteSeer

You'll be fine Google and the US gubmint all ready has your pics
sold by data brokers who scrape all your online data to sell to the highest bidders. just know that somewhere in a database there is a copy of everything you’ve done on the internet. likely more than one copy.

Drew1440

I don't mind Bluetooth, but when I really want an audio experience, I plug in my headphone jack. I'm holding on to my lg v60 for dear life right now.

I really don't want to depend on one company for my needs if I don't have to.
Sony still put headphone jacks on their Xperia phones also.

Top Bottom