• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia rule at making incredible metalcore bands.

For a small country, Australia kicks arse when it comes to making awesome metal music.
Bands like Northlane, Parkway Drive, The Amity Affliction, Thy Art Is Murder, Polaris, Thornhill, Dealer, Alpha Wolf, psycroptic, Void Of Vision, In Hearts Wake, Ocean Grove, Pridelands, I Killed The Prom Queen and etc, etc.

We also do quite well with Prog Rock.

Do yourself a favour and look into them.

Papa

Banned
773455.jpg

For a small country, Australia kicks arse when it comes to making awesome metal music.
Bands like Northlane, Parkway Drive, The Amity Affliction, Thy Art Is Murder, Polaris, Thornhill, Dealer, Alpha Wolf, psycroptic, Void Of Vision, In Hearts Wake, Ocean Grove, Pridelands, I Killed The Prom Queen and etc, etc.

Prog metal bands:

Voyager
Caligua's Horse
Cog
Dead Letter Circus
12 Foot Ninja
Karnivool
Chaos Divine
Osaka Punch
Mammal

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Parkway Drive are Australian?

Eh.

You've really never heard Winston McCall talking outside of a song? All they do is tour and surf.

lock2k

Banned

I love Thornhill and Northlane and I think Australian bands have gone beyobd metalcore. Their sound is more proggy and technical than the OG metalcore bands. Anyway, Australia has some great stuff lately.

chitzy

Banned

Amity Affliction is pretty corny. Parkway Drive rocks though.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Prog metal bands:

Voyager
Caligua's Horse
Cog
Dead Letter Circus
12 Foot Ninja
Karnivool
Chaos Divine
Osaka Punch
Mammal
Karnivool is absolutely sick. Saw them once live and they killed it. Been waiting years for another album. Every member of that band is fantastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom