• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2020

Get your dilators ready!

What kind of actual soyboy still watches this shit? All of the actually entertaining runners get banned. Swearing and offensive humor is banned. The donation messages are all the same.

The only good runs are gimmick runs like blindfolded Punchout or TASbot.

Remember when Werster said “I fuckin’ hate niggers” on-stream in the middle of doing a GDQ run? He would publically executed by the cucks that run/watch GDQ these days.

The man, the myth, the legend: Werster.

Games Done Quick used to be fun, then it got woke and gender-obsessed.

Now it's good for cringe comps. I don't watch the actual stream anymore, haven't in years.

nkarafo

1515760040868-jpg.354696

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Get your dilators ready!

What kind of actual soyboy still watches this shit? All of the actually entertaining runners get banned. Swearing and offensive humor is banned. The donation messages are all the same.

The only good runs are gimmick runs like blindfolded Punchout or TASbot.

Remember when Werster said “I fuckin’ hate niggers” on-stream in the middle of doing a GDQ run? He would publically executed by the cucks that run/watch GDQ these days.
I hope people make cringe compilations for this year.

dagLfod.png

Dthomp

Enjoying this Doom 2016 run. I love 100% runs and wish there were more of them. I get bored quick with the runs that just glitch/break the game and can't explain much about the game for the people watching. I missed half of the Fallout Anthology run, but he was really solid on explaining the story and what was going on in the games.

-Troid-

Banned
I don't think I've watched one live for a while. It's way more convenient to catch the uploads on Youtube later.

I kinda stopped caring the bigger it's gotten, along with how weirdly censored it got. Like some dude got banned for wearing a MAGA hat. Like fuck man I'm not a fan of Trump but you're seriously gonna ban some dude for a hat? Ridiculous.

Then one time I saw that the guy who always played the Metroid Prime games wasn't doing it, instead it was some chick named Claris or something. I started watching the upload and it was just him in a wig.

I was like "okay is he/she for real with this?" and I was like whatever and just watched it and didn't really care. Then the year after I saw the guy's name on the schedule as both "Miles" and "Claris" changing between which game he was playing, or at least that's what it seemed like the schedule was implying; I didn't end up watching it.

Like damn I feel I have an open mind about stuff but changing you're gender on the fly is just taking the piss. And the event organizers seem to encourage this stuff too.

Idk it just seems like they've gone more mainstream, yet more tightly knit to their own group of weird organizers.

Grinchy

Banned
You know what's weird about it/them is it's even dumber than it should be in the first place.

He got in his car.
She got in her car.
It got in its car.

But this special cartoon snowflake wants:
It got in their car.

Dthomp

I know these get cringey every year, but I legit want to punch all of these fat neckbeards right in the face in the front row that get up and dance after each game. They all look like goobers who have never skipped a McDonalds in their lives and have the dance ability of a one legged blind man. This is more cringe then anything else I've seen the last few years. If I saw myself looking like this on a live stream with 150k people watching I think I'd just kill myself...

I mean there is a grown man with a pikachu hat...carrying and dancing with a stuffed animal FFS

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm more bothered that it's not something more fitting to speedruns like a missingo-esque glitch creature that can go through walls or some shit. Was "Sonic OC" the best they could come up with?
They just try to troll people with this don't take the bait dummy.
They don't fing care either

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Apparently one of the guys who did the 8 hour FF8 run the other night was banned right after the run was over for stuff said on Twitter or something.

Dthomp

Apparently one of the guys who did the 8 hour FF8 run the other night was banned right after the run was over for stuff said on Twitter or something.

This is the shit that I wish they'd just stay out of. I know they are beyond dumb with being all hipster LBGQTWTFBBQ??? but if you alienate every decent person or streamer because they said something that their snowflake ears can't take then all we'll have left is the terrible runners with Him/He in their name that are beyond not entertaining.

MayauMiao

I rather watch speedrunners rage and cringe on Youtube. I don't have to put up with participants virtue signalling and being all fake with their social justiCISm.

Dthomp

Something is just off this year for me. I usually love AGDQ and SGDQ but I think it's something between just boring runners, cringey skits with the awful hosts, and just overall a lack of games that I've found fun to watch all rolled together making it less fun then years past. I love 100% runs without glitches, and way to many runs this year abuse glitches and they just haven't clicked with me. Today has been rough, 4 hours of Pokemon? Who wants to see that? Followed by 3 hours of Mega man X titles where the first guy was so boring I just turned off the stream for the afternoon.

They really should reach out to quality twitch personalities to be hosts, and other then their "Awful" block need to have better games being done. Too many long stretches of uninteresting games has been rough, I know the runners have to submit multiple games, but isn't there somebody that checks out their past streams and videos to make sure they are entertaining?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's one of those things where I think "It's for charity, it's a good cause", so I try to hand wave the cringe and the prominently displayed pronouns and the anime hair but I'm only a man (he/him) and I only have so much tolerance in me.
yeah wtf. I've just watched Dark Souls speedrun (very nice) and noticed there is this "he/him"... why would these idiots even include that? What is going on. Resetera must love agdq...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's weird about it/them is it's even dumber than it should be in the first place.

He got in his car.
She got in her car.
It got in its car.

But this special cartoon snowflake wants:
It got in their car.
Wut

PhoenixTank

Uhh double post, but I heavily appreciate the ALTTP randomizer run going on right now.
Andy getting messed with by "Crowd Control" (which is a bit like "Twitch Plays"), while Patty mocks with a scattering of impressions. The rest of the couch egging on viewers to interfere at key points. Andy is taking it like a champ, but very amusing from where I'm sitting.

Edit: Run complete!
VOD link for anyone that is curious.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

The goose runs were awesome, and that Sekiro run has got me thinking about trying a few new things on run 2.

TheContact

2.3 million hype !!
The super Mario maker run was awesome and so was the clone hero run. super excited for the links awakening run now

Games done Quick

FF7 - 9 hours. erm...

TLoU : 15 minutes. There we go.

Is there a breakdown of the Fallout Anthology? I've seen someone on youtube complete Fallout 1 in 3 minutes. What was the speed run for Fallout: Tactics?

PhoenixTank

If it makes you feel better, I've only ever seen the mascot appear on GDQ in the form of a fan art prize ( :messenger_tears_of_joy: !) for donating, and even then that was between runs. Before that, I'd only seen it via Gaf... and I'm a fairly regular GDQ viewer, even if I don't catch them all live.

Is there a breakdown of the Fallout Anthology? I've seen someone on youtube complete Fallout 1 in 3 minutes. What was the speed run for Fallout: Tactics?
Close to that for Fallout 1 and likely the same technique. Tactics wasn't a part of it: 1, 2, 3, NV, 4.

Any must sees this year? Definitely having the GH3 run on my list.
On top of my other posts, I quite liked the "Perfect" Hebereke GDQ run. Entertaining and not a huge time commitment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom