• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bah... too hot to play games :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
The Sun is scorching at the moment (At least relative to usual UK weather)

It's 30 degrees C inside my house, my PC's case temp is running at 40 degrees & my CPU temp is 52 degrees while idle/surfing the web. Too hot to run anything demanding :(

And I want to play some UT2004, some Counterstrike, and a bit of NASCAR2003, but I can't... coz I know I'll fry my PC... (Done it before, burnt out a Northbridge in the past by not watching my temps)

Bah!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I've got ice in the freezer, a Bottle of Voddy & half a bottle of Jim Beam sitting here.

Drink, Panzer Dragoon Orta, More Drink and so on from my couch. I ain't shifting :p

But damn I was in a PC games mood...

You're right, I'd better drink myself out of it :p

Suerte

I think I still have some voddy left over from a party I had while my folks were on holiday, hmmm, I may crack into that tonight if it's still warm outside.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it is, relatively. When you spend most years never topping 24 degrees, and even that only for a few days a year and the average is 10-15 degrees, then yes. it is hot. to me.

Just as our usual climate is seen as "cold" by those who visit from hotter locations, whereas we just see it as "average".

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I've seen people in India walking round in fricken wooly sweaters in temperatues that it never gets to in this country! it really is all relative.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
100 F at noon in Phoenix right now. It'll get up to 108 today and that won't even be notably hot.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
This summer has been soooo cold :( ... During the summer we are usually around 30 degrees. For the past few weeks we've been hitting 22-24 :( :( . And because of our winters (in Canada) I feel I deserve a hot summer dammit!

Looks like I'm going to Hawaii again for Christmas...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
nubbe said:
I hate summer... hate it!
So sweaty, sticky icky… bleh!

Summer is one of the best things in my life. Fall, winter and even spring is just one long wait for the next summer. Man, I need to move south. :/

Shouta

Humidity + 30 C = omfg. I walked out of my room in Japan and my body started to sweat the instant I stepped out -_-.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Shouta said:
Humidity + 30 C = omfg. I walked out of my room in Japan and my body started to sweat the instant I stepped out -_-.

Yeah, humidity can make a BIG difference.

pestul

With humidity.. it reached 35C (95F) today in St. John's, NL. In fact, Doom III just crashed on me due to overheating. CPU is idling at around 50C and motherboard is 35C (It reaches 58C playing D3). It's usually <50C under load. :p

Che

Banned
Greece: 38 degrees C. :p

PS. Actually I wouldn't be so proud of that temperature if I didn't have the air-condition running full speed 24/7, and the beach half an hour of driving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom