• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai-Namco: "Dark Souls 3's Prestige Edition has completely sold out"

Rymuth

dark_souls_prestige.jpg

Dark Souls 3's Prestige Edition has "completely sold out", Bandai Namco has confirmed to VideoGamer.com, with the PS4 version allegedly selling out within 2 hours of going on sale.

The Prestige Edition was made available to pre-order exclusively via Amazon last month, and contains an exclusive 40cm Lord of Cinder figurine, 25cm Red Knight figurine, official soundtrack CD, 3 iron-on patches, a cloth game map and Dark Souls Trilogy hardcover artbook.

But with that gone, fans' only other options are to pre-order the £99.99 Collector's Edition, or the "limited supply" Apocalypse Edition. The Apocalypse Edition is only available to pre-order customers at GAME, and will not be available after the game ships on April 12.

via Videogamer

good job, fatty!

This was handled so poorly. I've been signed up for the email alerts since December, but Amazon didn't send the alerts out to anyone.

Zafir

How much was it?

I was watching the page on Amazon UK, and I didn't even see it go up lol, nor did I get an alert. Not surprised about the alert part mind you, their alerts are really awful.
£300 iirc
Jesus, I didn't miss anything then. o_O

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I wasn't aware this hasn't been on sale the entire time -- a little too extravagant for my tastes, but good on those who enjoy this kind of thing.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
While the North American version will be discounted at Walmart because it lacked content. I would seriously love to have the Prestige edition. Looking at North America's version I get a bit upset. Of course it's nice to have things that are attached to the brand, but there's also a limit where swag becomes cheap and it barely scratches the surface. IIRC From Software is doing a ''lore contest'' and one of the prizes is a 55'' statue. Now that's something I wouldn't mind owning. They need to stick to things that people don't want to throw away after a few months. Having their brand over a piece of material that isn't the game should be something they hold dear. Having it be half of everything (50-100 pages of art, a deformed statue, some large piece of plastic etc. etc.) is upsetting.

I even look at pictures of Fallout 4's Collector's Edition and that looks like an 80's piece of plastic if you ask me and they even commented on the problem.

12540964_1006235009449543_5747516497611759076_n.jpg

http://darksoulsgame.tumblr.com/post/135789445651/youve-seen-epic-dark-souls-story-videos-like-this

khaaan

Prestige edition? Had to double check this wasn't for a COD game.

You can fuel up for battle by purchasing specially marked packages of Estus Emerald Mountain Dew or Zesty Flame Dorito's to find a code that temporarily lets you increase the amount of charges restored.

Top Bottom