• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bankruptcy: Google stock crashed 3% at 10:20 am after Stadia announcement. Dead Cat Bounce?

I wanted to clarify some misinformation in response to a thread made by another Gaffer Mr.Kain. as he proved to us in his thread, a 3% stock drop is clearly bankruptcy.*

As you can see here by clicking this text, Google went bankrupt at 10:20 am today with slightly more than a 3% drop. Divisions shutting down and layoffs are already underway.
This is when you search Google's stock on googles own website!

So you're likely asking WHY does the stock look like it's up now? It's an investor term we like to call "Dead Cat Bounce".

See when you drive a car over the cat, a couple hours later the body's consciousness makes the cat jump. BUT, the cat IS STILL DEAD.

So even though Google went bankrupt at 10am or so today, the market gave Google a small boost Voost of 50% increase, but Google's cat is still bankrupt. I mean the Stock, the stock is still bankrupt. ;)

I hope you guys learned valuable investor advice today, be sure to buy plenty of Rite Aid and Glowpoint stock. Stock is like golf, the lower the Stock price, the better the value.

*Lol

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This definitely needed its own thread.

Top Bottom