• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bashar Al Assad says chemical attack is a fabrication, calls video fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gettyimages-509763142_custom-3fdffcf76d7b2f32da166347f66149bb6a1d6df3-s700-c85.jpg

Bashar Assad Tells AFP That Chemical Attack Was Western 'Fabrication'
Syrian President Bashar Assad continues to deny responsibility for a chemical attack in the town of Khan Shaykhun, claiming the attack was "100 percent ... fabrication" and video evidence showing choking victims is "fake."

He told Agence France-Presse this week that he wasn't even confident the dead children shown on video were "dead at all."
Experts tell NPR this explanation does not make sense, based on the nature of the chemicals used. And U.S. analysts say the timeline and strike location suggested by Russia don't match reports from the ground or satellite imagery.

But Assad doubled down on his denials in the interview with AFP, conducted on Wednesday and published on Thursday. He didn't just point a finger at rebels — he suggested it was "not clear" if the attack happened at all or was entirely manufactured.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So he's not just saying the attack wasn't his doing... he's saying the attack didn't happen AT ALL!?

Fucking hell.

Apzu

I see someone is learning with Trump, but next time you should just shout "fake news" and not explain anything else.

But seriously, does he really think that just blatantly denying it will make people forget it?

I see someone is learning with Trump, but next time you should just shout "fake news" and not explain anything else.

But seriously, does he really think that just blatantly denying it will make people forget it?
It shows what Assad and his loyalists are saying: the video was a hoax and the kids were just playing dead.

?oe?oe

The amount of propaganda the West eat up is is ridiculous. So he has a point somewhere. The media put a lot of bull on TV with nothing to back it up with. The media has to have a bad guy to let everyone forget that America is the bad guy.

I was watching Russian media saying they demanded a UN probe into the use of Assad using chemical weapons yet were denied

idk what bizarre world they are living in but the probe got denied twice because Russia veto'd it in the security council

I was watching Russian media saying they demanded a UN probe into the use of Assad using chemical weapons yet were denied

idk what bizarre world they are living in but the probe got denied twice because Russia veto'd it in the security council
It's Russian state propoganda, what do you expect?

KingBroly

Banned
That's not what he said last week. Last week he said it was a Rebel facility (I believe).

Some very clear stonewalling is going on between Russia and Syria right now.

Jenov

And to think someone here was trying to equate Russian media with Western media and how they're BOTH bad. Riiiight. As if using RT as a news source somehow makes them "unbias", lolol.

That's not what he said last week. Last week he said it was a Rebel facility (I believe).

Some very clear stonewalling is going on between Russia and Syria right now.

because the evidence piled up against him

not only did he deny this attack in this interview he literally denied any chemical attack

the dude is delusional but he only does it so that some people who root for him would feel less secure by believing his BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom