• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 updates announced (Free map, Suez rework, Battlefest, HC Mode, Brawls?)

Sorry to ask here, but is this the most played battlefield game now or do you guys think people will eventually move back to bf4 like every other battlefield after it so far?

I bought titanfall 2 and refunded it (game was fun, but my routing to the servers were shit) Think people will stick around for bf1 and in general is it fun?

The Beard

Would you like a sandstorm on your screen while your opponents have clear skies? You're in luck. For the small price of $10.99 you can have severely limited vision.

Sorry to ask here, but is this the most played battlefield game now or do you guys think people will eventually move back to bf4 like every other battlefield after it so far?

I bought titanfall 2 and refunded it (game was fun, but my routing to the servers were shit) Think people will stick around for bf1 and in general is it fun?

There's only been 1 other Battlefield since BF4, that was Hardline and it sucked. I think this game will have some serious legs, especially after they fix a few issues.

Auctopus

I don't speak for everyone, obviously but I find the game far shallower than BF4. Despite the environments looking drastically different, I feel like the map variety in BF4 was better. There's a fair bit of unbalance and frustrating mechanics in the game and whilst some of it can be patched out, I feel like some are restrictions due to the time period.

I am enjoying the game, I've gotten over Operations now and have moved on to the more specific game modes but I just think the game feels a little flat.

RubberedDucky

Neo Member
I don't speak for everyone, obviously but I find the game far shallower than BF4. Despite the environments looking drastically different, I feel like the map variety in BF4 was better. There's a fair bit of unbalance and frustrating mechanics in the game and whilst some of it can be patched out, I feel like some are restrictions due to the time period.

I am enjoying the game, I've gotten over Operations now and have moved on to the more specific game modes but I just think the game feels a little flat.

I don't entirely agree with you, but being a late adopter of BF4 Premium this game feels like it has a desperate need for more content, especially maps, guns, and attachments. The era shouldn't be an excuse for the latter. I miss the granularity of vehicle loadouts and find the defaults to be the most effective on all with the exception of the flamethrowing heavy tank on close quarters maps.

I'm in love with the game, just can't wait for more updates. Thankfully DICE is one of the best these days with post-release support.

Suez is the worst Battlefield map I have ever played. Thank goodness they are reworking it so quickly and not pretending like it's not a server killing flaming trash heap.

VariantX

They couldn't do anything besides changing boundaries last generation because it broke the memory limits and patching structure of last-gen consoles.

No more last gen consoles, so no more problem.

This was also what was preventing them from doing things like fixing floating gun attachments last generation.

Thats huge for me. Last gen really held them back. Couldn't even use a sidearm with a riot shield because of last gen as it was originally intended. Riot shields were really and truly useless hot garbage in BF4 as people were completely free to chuck explosives at you and you couldn't do shit about it.

I swear Suez was made by the Insurgency dev team, way its designed screams them,

Fao is the main map that needs to be fixed, unfun in every mode esp. TDM and War Pidgeon. In conquest all you need to do is send a tank up the hill and you can just spread like a virus down the hill... hardly tactical.

Top Bottom