• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1944 - A Game Changing Mod for Battlefield V

Hello, fellow Battlefield enjoyers.

If you've clicked on this thread, then maybe you're like me. Over the years I've enjoyed my fair share of Battlefield games. But since the release of Battlefield 4 the franchise has been going down hill in my opinion. Now some of the older Battlefield fans will usually say that Battlefield 2 was the last great one which I can't argue with as I've never played it. I have however watched a ton of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 2 videos for a while so it's not like I'm ignorant to how those games play.

But I digress, the reason I'm making this thread is to share some really awesome, semi-hidden information with anyone who's interested.

If you're like me you may have purchased Battlefield V because you still wanted that Battlefield gameplay with some WWII inspired action when it comes to guns and vehicles. Unfortunately the game was ROUGH when it came out in regards to the cosmetics and maps but eventually was updated to the point where you could see some glimpse of an authentic WWII experience if players with certain cosmetics crossed your path. Unfortunately that was the most you were getting but I still stuck around until now mainly because of the plane crashes. Things seemed like they were never going to get any better for the game... until now.

Battlefield 1944 is a complete client side, cosmetic overhaul mod that deletes every last woke addition to the game, finally giving the player a proper and authentic WWII gameplay experience.

Save for the golden guns skins and gun camouflages, this mod erases every black soldier, woman soldier and whacky out of place cosmetic from the game while adding historically correct uniforms complete with shoulder tabs and insignia for the Nazi's and Japanese. It also replaces default faction flags on conquest maps with the Swastika, Imperial Rising Sun and the American flag with 48 stars. Additionally certain maps with buildings and streets adorned with flags such as Rotterdam and Operation Underground have had them changed as well to the Swaztika.

When I tell you that this mod changes the entire atmosphere of the game, trust me it really does. No longer am I hearing women screaming my ear. No longer am I seeing Japanese soldiers wearing blue Christmas themed helmets with mistletoe attached to them, no longer am I shooting simple ahistorical Germans, I'm now literally shooting Nazi's and it makes a world of difference in regards to immersion and personally, fun that I have with this game.

This is the Battlefield V that I asked for. This mod is like cleaning a pile of smelly wet shit off of a gem stone. The systems at play in this game including the gunplay, the physics, the animations, THE PLANE CRASHES!... all come together with this mod to create a near perfect WW2 Battlefield game in my opinion. It's so good for me that I literally played this mod all last night instead of Starfield.

How to get the mod.

If you're interested here is a safe link to the mod on gamefront, the only place it still exists. - https://www.gamefront.com/games/battlefield-v/file/battlefield-1944-1
Or simply type in Battlefield 1944 mod and find the gamefront link on google.

Then you need to download the latest Frosty Mod Manager beta version from the Frosty Mod Manager discord - https://discord.gg/f52ywNT9

Some other not worthy mods include.

The M1A1 Thompson model. - https://www.nexusmods.com/battlefieldv/mods/42

The BAR 1918 A3 with no bipod or carry handle. - https://www.nexusmods.com/battlefieldv/mods/43

This mod that give correct historical names to weapons (which I haven't tried yet but will download since I just found it). - https://www.nexusmods.com/battlefieldv/mods/39

And this mod that upscales gadget textures. - https://www.nexusmods.com/battlefieldv/mods/44

Once you have the mods extracted in the proper folder and applied in Frosty's Mod Manager you need to launch the game through the mod manager and you're all set. Welcome to a real WW2 Battlefield game.

Here are some videos I recorded that showcase a few aspects of the mods if you're interested.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hello, fellow Battlefield enjoyers.

will smith empty room GIF

Nah they moved on after getting screwed.

so basically this mod doesn’t fix anything that was actually wrong with the game? What a waste.
Like what exactly? I’ve played this game for hundreds of hours and never really had a problem with the gameplay itself.

This game is worlds better than BF1 (the game everyone praises) in every department except graphics. The competitive nature of this game is actually outstanding.

I’m just not the biggest fan of two shot bolt action kills to the upper body. But I can live with that. So I’m curious what you mean?

I get modding out women with metal arms, stupid fucking cosmetics like Christmas outfits and Halloween helmets, but modding out black people when they fought during that war? Weird.

I get modding out women with metal arms, stupid fucking cosmetics like Christmas outfits and Halloween helmets, but modding out black people when they fought during that war? Weird.
Yea I can understand that point of view. But in reality the majority of troops in all theaters weren’t black and that’s why they’ve been removed.

This game features the British and American and the British were completely white and the Americans in the Pacific Theater were overwhelmingly white too.

Now I for one would love maps or an entire game even focused around black troops especially in Sicily similar to the movie Miracle at St. Anna (which I highly recommend). Unfortunately no one has the balls to do this as of yet. They just rather shove black troops into ahistorical situations for the sake of diversity.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yea I can understand that point of view. But in reality the majority of troops in all theaters weren’t black and that’s why they’ve been removed.

This game features the British and American and the British were completely white and the Americans in the Pacific Theater were overwhelmingly white too.

Now I for one would love maps or an entire game even focused around black troops especially in Sicily similar to the movie Miracle at St. Anna (which I highly recommend). Unfortunately no one has the balls to do this as of yet. They just rather shove black troops into ahistorical situations for the sake of diversity.
Do they also shove in weapons that only existed as prototypes for diversity as well?

Do they also shove in weapons that only existed as prototypes for diversity as well?
Actually yes lol. Because they're afraid they'll have to deal with complaints that there aren't enough weapons.

Basically anything that reduces PR problems, Dice and EA will add it to their game.

Just look at Hell Let Loose. They weren't afraid to just make WW2.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Actually yes lol. Because they're afraid they'll have to deal with complaints that there aren't enough weapons.

Basically anything that reduces PR problems, Dice and EA will add it to their game.

Just look at Hell Let Loose. They weren't afraid to just make WW2.
So they added options to the video game because it's not going for authenticity.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yes? I don't understand what you're getting at.
DICE added various races to the game for the same reasons they have prototype weapons and other things that don't reflect reality.

The point is that some people are not okay with that, but are okay with the fliegerfaust (for example).

DICE added various races to the game for the same reasons they have prototype weapons and other things that don't reflect reality.

The point is that some people are not okay with that, but are okay with the fliegerfaust (for example).
I gotcha, yea I'm definitely in camp of remove anything that is not authentic/historical.

I'm not asking for realism, this is where a lot of people don't understand the argument.

I want it to LOOK like WWII and give me the feeling that I'm in a WWII fight while at the same time allowing extremely silly things to happen by happenstance. This is how every Battlefield has been.
BF3 is great example. It looks like an actual war between U.S. and Russia but you can jump out of a jet and snipe the jet behind you.

This is what makes Hell Let Loose so incredible. It looks nearly 100% like real life in terms of authenticity but the voice chat and the gameplay allow for completely silly interactions with teammates and the enemy.

Like I said please, I'm begging someone to just give me a authentic, historical WWII game with black soldiers. But for some reason no one can handle that.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Hell Let Loose if you want WWII battlefield action.
Same! I've been playing that game since the original PC beta. It's unbelievable.

And with this mod Battlefield V is basically a faster paced even more silly version of that game. So now I can hop back and forth depending on my mood. Plus BFV has insane airplanes.

Top Bottom