• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Before the Dawn Heals Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozmight

Now that the new M83 album has been out for a few days, and I've had a chance to listen to it, I figured I would share my thoughts.

1) Moonchild - Off to a good start. They've some spoken word in here which reminds me of GSY!BE to a certain degree. Pretty out there, and trance like... which is what I like about M83.

2) Don't Save Us from the Flames - Not too great IMO. They're trying to sing, which in this case just isn't too great. While the beat is pretty nice, I can't get into it.

3) In the Cold I'm Standing - I love these ambient tracks. There’s some singing here too, but it's very subtle, and it works really well.

4) Farewell / Goodbye - Ugh.

5, 6) Fields, Shorelines and Hunters and * - These two feature far too much rocking out for my tastes. I'm hoping maybe after a few more spins they'll grow on me, but we'll see.

7) I Guess I'm Floating - Easily one of my favorites, because it is one of those songs I could listen to for an hour and just space out. Cool.

8) Teen Angst - The BEST song on the whole album in my opinion. The singing works, the beat is awesome.

9) Can't Stop - I don't know if I like this one... it's very repetitive. I'm sure I'll tire of it soon enough.

10) Safe - This one starts out pretty bad, but half way through it does a total 180. I love the transition into the next track at the end.

11) Let Men Burn Stars - Starts out well, with some piano... and then some angelic singing starts in, making it better.

12) Car Chase Terror! - ??? Strange. When the actual beats start in, it's really cool, but the talking is real out there. Maybe it's from a movie that I've never seen, so I don't get the joke?

13) Slight Night Shiver - Another space out track.

14) A Guitar and a Heart - I like this. It's more rock, but not hard rock. It's easily up there as one of the albums best.

15) Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun - What a great way to end it... I feel as though the movie has ended and the credits are rolling.

In the end, I feel it was worth the $14 I spent on it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom