• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEST CRYSIS GAME

mansoor1980

Gold Member
after that thread with cysis2 remastered news and some of the views in there , i thought the best game in the crysis series should be identified , IMO it is CRYSIS 2

if anyone does not agree with me thats fine but please DONT
crying-icegif-3.gif
LIKE A
tenor.gif

Crysis 1 on harder difficulties offers the most gameplay opportunity and has the best/most open levels. Playing it on hard where the enemies don't speak English and can kill you in a few seconds really forces you to use the Nanosuit in smart ways and juggle the power drain.

Next best would be Warhead, it has that sweet ass train section.

Crysis 2 is the worst in the franchise, though I did like how it sensibly combined some powers even if they reduced player agency with the powers. And I say Crysis 2 is the worst in the franchise, but I still enjoyed it.

Crysis 3 struck a decent middle ground between 1 + 2 but never elevates above 1.

Crysis 1 is still the king.

Crysis 2 had the best OST though.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don't think I've played three but I'd go with the original. I don't think any of them are particularly but they aren't as bad as Far Cry with its' terrible enemy AI and mutants with rocket launchers.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I just remember enjoying the crap out of the ost, especially towards the end of Crysis 2. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way a decade later, but I'm curious to see. I thought the gameplay was pretty good, if not great.

JLB

Banned
The other day played Crysis 1 again after so many years (Not the def edition, but the regular xbox 360 one). Its amazing how good Crysis had aged. This game with the FPS Boost would be amazing.

SkylineRKR

Crysis 2.

The first is better during the opening missions but takes a nosedive when you're forced to do the Tank section and subsequent Alien missions which throws all possibilities out of the window, are completely trash to combat and take up like one third of the game. I felt 2 is rather consistent throughout. Its more limited but you can still tackle set pieces in different ways.

stn

I like the Crysis series overall, but I still find it such a missed opportunity that, despite being this super-powered soldier, you just fight basic grunts all the time. Barely any epic boss fights. In fact, I only remember the final fight from Crysis 3.

Rikkori

The original is the most evocative. 2 had an awesome soundtrack, and 3 was really well done, but nothing beats the feeling of playing the first one.

Retinoid

2 is fun and definitely a good game but for me it's a step down compared to 1 in many areas. The first issue I have is the more linear level design that basically forces you to go down one path and one path only to approach a given situation, where as in Crysis you had many more options due to the large sandboxy style levels that can facilitate rather fun and novel solutions to combat - at least in the early game. The second is the dumbed down Nanosuit controls which again hinder options to the player because they removed Strength and the Super Speed mode in favor of a normal sprint system. So while Crysis 2 is no slouch I think overall it's a decline compared to the original because Crytek were chasing trends in other FPS games of the time.

Which brings me on to Crysis Warhead, aka the forgotten Crysis game. Warhead is probably the most consistent Crysis and may even have a better campaign than the base game, but I think most people tend to ignore it because on the whole it's basically just more of the same.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: Evolution of Crysis Games. This video includes the History of the series from 2007 to Crysis Remastered 2020.

0:06 Crysis (2007)
0:48 Crysis Warhead (2008)
1:26 Crysis Wars (2008)
2:01 Crysis 2 (2011)
2:31 Crysis 3 (2013)
3:04 Crysis Remastered (2020)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
after that thread with cysis2 remastered news and some of the views in there , i thought the best game in the crysis series should be identified , IMO it is CRYSIS 2

if anyone does not agree with me thats fine but please DONT
crying-icegif-3.gif
LIKE A
tenor.gif
Don't leak like a....hug? Don't leak...when you hug?

I mean my libido is about as strong as one could expect from a man in his 30's, but I definitely don't leak when I hug, sir.

I don't remember the difference between the crysis games if I'm being honest. I didn't play one until it was released on console. I did play all 3 though.

Why do you think 2 was the best?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Don't leak like a....hug? Don't leak...when you hug?

I mean my libido is about as strong as one could expect from a man in his 30's, but I definitely don't leak when I hug, sir.

I don't remember the difference between the crysis games if I'm being honest. I didn't play one until it was released on console. I did play all 3 though.

Why do you think 2 was the best?
HUG and LEAK ?
PPXY.gif

GrayFoxPL

Crysis 2

For that incredible feeling of minigun ripping apart pure white city, ed-209 and the enemies.

I may be remembring wrong but shhhhh. Let memories be memories. :]

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its funny as i played through all 3 games again last year, and my viewpoint completely changed from what it used to be.

Now my order is -

Crysis 3
Crysis 2
Crysis.

Hated 3 at launch, but ejoyed it the most after replaying all games.

GymWolf

Yeah i enjoyed crysis 2 the most, especially the multyplayer.

The only thing i appreciate from C1 was the glorious destruction.

Still, not a fan of the brand at all.

Eh? Crysis 3 is a hollow, empty game. Feels half finished, it's just as linear as 2 with less content.
I agree it feels half finished and I don't think it does a good job of finishing the story, but it's not nearly as linear as Crysis 2. Objectively speaking, it has much larger areas than Crysis 2 did and with more choice on what you can do.

It's quality and wether it's better than Crysis 2 is easily up for debate, but at that point, both Crysis 2/3 are just fighting for worst in the series anyways so it doesn't really even matter.

Last edited:
Crisis original.

That doesn’t say much because all are great looking game with mediocre gameplay.
I dunno, I replayed Crysis 1 a few years ago and I really think on harder difficulties it is one of the best fps games around still even all these years later. Having to manage your nanosuit power can be incredibly tense when the A.I. is hunting you after you've been spotted.

stranno

Crysis 1 delivers groundbreaking graphic tech and great gameplay, with cool AI behaviour. Crysis 2 delivers a cool cinematic approach to the first game, it is a more streamlined gameplay but still very fun. Crysis 3 delivers amazing graphical improvements with outstanding Predator gameplay and very much needed AI improvements.

All of them are equally great. I'd say Warhead (Blue Cryshifts) was the least impressive.

Plantoid

Played all 3 on pc,
Crysis 1 was like THE game everyone was talking about, but that part with tank and zero gravity didn't went so well

Crysis 2 was the better one

Crysis 3 I didn't like at all

Top Bottom