• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda is giving out The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall for free on PC

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Both The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall are currently available for free on PC. These titles are being distributed specifically through the Microsoft Store. The first two entries in The Elder Scrolls series have never been available on the Microsoft Store before.

Free on MS store and it seems they are free on Steam too

supernova8

Banned
Nice just claimed them on Steam.
Joe Biden Thank You GIF by The Democrats

(WTF is Pelosi doing in the background)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So many games on sale, thanks :). SteamDeck should enjoy playing some of these classics, having SteamOS and Windows on a device that can play games in handheld mode or docked to the TV is amazing… or will be 😂 once it is available to actually order ;).

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Arena was not that good but Daggerfall is a real classic, though very bugged at the time. The landscape generator was neat and nearly the whole game was procedural.

M0G

These have been free for maybe 10 years or more. The Steam version has recently been made compatible with Daggerfall Unity though. Which is essential if you decide to check out Daggerfall. Daggerfall Unity with loads of mods installed is the way to go ;)

Last edited:

GenericUser

Both games suck. Arena barely qualifies as an elder scrolls title and Daggerfall is really just a glorified dungeon crawler. Do not confuse these two games with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Must be awesome for the three people waiting for it to go free since 1996.

Goalus

It's been free since 2004 I think. Now it's just on Windows Store.
Even though I've had a Steam account for about ten years (that holds five games, I recently checked), I never bothered to claim Arena or Daggerfall.
Now that I can add them to my MS account, I finally will.

Must be awesome for the three people waiting for it to go free since 1996.
I am one of these three.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Both games suck. Arena barely qualifies as an elder scrolls title and Daggerfall is really just a glorified dungeon crawler. Do not confuse these two games with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Yeah, do not confuse with them. Daggerfall is actually a masterpiece.

Top Bottom