• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 : Trailer (December 10)

dirthead

Banned
Fans: We'd sure love to finish Jade's story.

Ubi Soft: Here's everything that's possible to do with a video game except what you want.

Thanks a lot.

Solomeena

Banned
Yep, no jade story continuance then no buy for me. Why bother leaving the original game on a cliffhanger if not continuing her story, wtf?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

WTF did I just hear?:messenger_angry_horns:

Well, fuck that 24/7/365. I'm not going to be a part of this abomination filled with microtransactions, huge and empty worlds and a shit tone of grind. The game aslo looks like hot garbage and X360 game at best.

THIS IS NOT BEYOND GOOD & EVIL! F U СРУБИСОФТ!:messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

sol_bad

Hashtag Notmybeyondgoodandevil.

This is annoying. The first game is one of my favourite games of the PS2 era. I loved it's setting and it's gameplay. There was no sense of urgency, just stroll around, take In the views, talk to people and explore at your own leisure. I completed it 100% multiple times on PS2, on the original PC version and the HD version.

Its disappointing enough that this seems to have nothing to do with Jade but the gameplay ........ it is not Beyond Good and Evil. It seems to be heavily combat oriented and the large open world screams Ubisoft busy work. I hate busy work.

Does anyone know if Ancel is even involved in this game? If he is, how can this possibly be his vision?

kyussman

Certainly one of the strangest 'sequels' I've seen,does it have anything in common with the first game other than talking animals,I presume it is set in the same universe?

It obviously looks hugely ambitious but....online...urrhg.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You know what I really want? Another game that’s bigger than anything else. That’s exactly what I want...

*sigh*

How can this game even still be a thing? I mean, they could have called this something else and nobody would even know, it shares nothing with the original. And if it shares nothing with the original, WHO are you making this for?

What is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnn?!

Kreydo

This look dull... It's what happen when you go too ambitious with a small budget.
This game is trying too many things and will probably fail at each one.

Also not a word about the story or the characters, the game is just some GTA online in space?

After the first trailer i was hoping for a Cowboy Bebop RPG style game, but after that "gameplay" i just see another Poopisoft product.

Mathrin

This.... looks nothing like what I was expecting. It looks nothing like BGE, plays very little like it, and doesn't even seem like they've tried to link the two together...

hrab

Seems like they have absolutely no clue why people loved the first game so much. It's really a shame they call this thing BGE2. Quo Vadis, Michel? :(

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jade is in the game folks as are other characters, do they have to put her in every single footage about it just cos some clearly missed some and want to claim it's not related to the other game based on that?

It's not like this was some random video nobody noticed, it was at E3, lol. Sure, you can hate it but hate what is there rather than claim stuff that aren't true like this not having Jade.

Last edited:

Alexios

I mean, would I like another Zelda-lite with a relatively limited scope that was a direct sequel? Sure. But it's also pretty dang cool that they're trying something new and so damn ambitious with it instead, whether I end up liking it or not. Some of the environments shown are astonishing and the game despite certain trappings is far from looking like a generic whatever, there's artistry and ambition all over it.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Wow, I didn't expect too look that good.

But I have to say that the hair of the girl is kinda weird in the gameplay. It's not that cool as the CGI trailer. I guess that still is on alpha stages, so it's ok.

Humdinger

I like SF games, so I'm glad they're exploring the genre.

I'm not too disappointed that it isn't a sequel to the original. The original was fun, but I don't feel that much of an attachment to the characters. Maybe they should've just started a new franchise, rather than call it BG&E2, though, if they're not going to continue the story.

As for the online thing, it might just be SP with a co-op option, like Far Cry. I'd be fine with that. I will lose interest if it is just an online service game, though (think Destiny or Anthem) -- not my thing. I need a strong SP campaign.

plushyp

I mean, would I like another Zelda-lite with a relatively limited scope that was a direct sequel? Sure. But it's also pretty dang cool that they're trying something new and so damn ambitious with it instead, whether I end up liking it or not. Some of the environments shown are astonishing and the game despite certain trappings is far from looking like a generic whatever, there's artistry and ambition all over it.
I've been suckered many times before with high concept demos. Heck, Ubisoft's very own Watch_Dogs 1 comes to mind. I'm going to wait and watch rather than get excited by something that has a scope that is too ambitious for its own good not to mention an unclear narrative direction.

TrainedRage TrainedRage Why is there a date there for the trailer? For the uninformed it seems like the release date for the game. Can you modify it accordingly?

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Jade is in the game folks as are other characters, do they have to put her in every single footage about it just cos some clearly missed some and want to claim it's not related to the other game based on that?

It's not like this was some random video nobody noticed, it was at E3, lol. Sure, you can hate it but hate what is there rather than claim stuff that aren't true like this not having Jade.

It's painfully obvious that it was sidelined for some microtransaction filled hellscape.

zeorhymer

Hmm. Ubisoft games have homogenized since the original BG&E. I wonder if we're going to liberate sectors, access satellites to unlock the map, dodge patrols, destroy outposts....basically check off all the question marks on the map. I'm just being cynical, but anything is possible nowadays.

Elios83

It looks really promising,
It takes a lot of inspiration from the Fifth Element and other Luc Besson's movies. Considering that Ancel is french I'm not surprised.
But it also looks really really early, it's just a bit more than a prototype...I think it will take an other 2 years minimum to be released.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned

Yeah I thought she was integral to this story, I remember hearing something about her being the villain now?

kbear

Any guess if this is cross-gen or pure next-gen? I don’t see the 2013 consoles pulling this off, but financially with how much money and time this must cost to develop it would be a terrible decision to go next-gen only (for Ubi, for us it would be great 😄).

Last edited:

Alexios

Trailer shows her as villain, in past footage they said what was shown was before the first game, so it seems like the game takes place over a long period of time, starting from before and possibly going even after the game, presumably without covering its actual events in remake fashion though. Unless they can somehow fashion it so there's a reason she's a villain before the first game and maybe eventually loses her memory of that period or something if she's brainwashed or controlled or whatever? I'm also reading the first trailer showed Shani as a crew member but that one as a captain so time passed for sure? Idk.

Edit: vvvv I just posted the trailer she was in there, it was this year's E3, she's at the end :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom