• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bikini Baristas to sue over bikini ban, says violates constitutional rights

Riddler

When you see a sign that says "Ask about the special" I'm sure people think something isn't right about that establishment.

They should treat it like massage parlors and make sure everything thing is legit.

Because nothing is wrong with bikinis.

slit

Wow, I'm tired. Rereading the article and there's so many laugh-out-loud statements in there, like this defense of why they need to show skin at work:

Followed up by this great hyperbole:

And then the real concern, which is of course about money.

Yeah it's like they want to make a living or something.

andthebeatgoeson

Have you actually met any sex workers? Talked to them?

Cause I fucked a lot and in a regulated environment at least they did it from their own will. Do they feel financial pressure to work? Yes but that counts for other shit jobs too. This is their way to make ends meet for the single moms, for the young girls it's a fast way to earn cash.
So yes there is a lot of forced prostitution but not in the way that you think. Economic reform is the best anti prostitution measure.
You fucked a lot? You gonna write that up as a paper? Is that a single blind or double blind study?

Dead Man

Yeah, you're right. We should just assume sex workers have agency, ignore the evidence about all the other shit around the industry, like pimps, and should be more concerned about government overreach.

Mah rights!

Jesus. Yes, we should assume people have agency and not reduce them to helpless beings we need to white knight like you are doing. Lots of sex workers need help, lots don't. The way you are generalising is kind of silly.

Top Bottom