• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbil-kun: Super Mario Wonder is getting an OLED Nintendo Switch Version

Draugoth

Gold Member
super-mario-wonder-1280x720.jpg

Nintendo is set to release an all-red version of the Switch OLED, according to a reliable leaker.

Dealabs user billbil-kun, who has now been consistently revealing unannounced product for years, says the product will be called ‘Nintendo Switch – OLED Model – Mario Red Edition’.

According to their report, the console will have two red Joy-Cons and a red dock, but won’t feature any other Mario branding.

Billbil-kun’s report claims the Joy-Cons and the dock for the new Mario Red edition will be the same shade as the standard Neon Red Joy-Con. Although the release date has not been confirmed, billbil-kun says “it is certain that it will be released before October”.

Robb

Gold Member
I fully expected that. It’s just too bad these Zelda and Mario versions are releasing this late. I’d love to upgrade but feels like there’s no point when Switch 2 is closing in.

Last edited:
Yep. Prolly late September release. These branded OLEDs always come 3-4 weeks before the game they accompany.

The Splatoon 3 OLED edition was absolutely gorgeous. This one sounds pretty lame.

Anyway, clearly this would’ve been one of the surprises in the Direct tomorrow. Nice little minor spoiler for us who follow this kind of stuff lmao

Last edited:
Rather have a green Luigi edition honestly. Or an Orange Daisy edition to get my wife.

Green edition sounds great. Could be time for another Year of Luigi! But it’ll never anymore because of now modern Nintendo is run. Everything’s so bleached and corporate now.

Sojiro

Yep. Prolly late September release. These branded OLEDs always come 3-4 weeks before the game they accompany.

The Splatoon 3 OLED edition was absolutely gorgeous. This one sounds pretty lame.

Anyway, clearly this would’ve been one of the surprises in the Direct tomorrow. Nice little minor spoiler for us who follow this kind of stuff lmao
Agreed with the bolded, the Splatoon 3 one is pretty awesome looking (especially those sexy Joycons!), but this one sounds very half assed. Just making the dock and Joycons red with no Mario designs on it (I assume that is what the bolded OP meant with no other Mario branding) is a big wtf Nintendo moment.

Impotaku

So they are basically just re-releasing this version but with an oled screen.
TV8ke05.jpg

ahhTYzB.jpg

WdGcp6E.jpg

The splatoon 3 one was the last switch i picked up and have no desire to get any more now, least that one was nicely themed both the console, the dock and joycons all had nicely themed parts.

Top Bottom