• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6 will release on old-gen consoles amd switch 2

diffusionx

Gold Member
Um, yes. This was supposed to be the big jump year I thought. With an extra year of development since MW3 is basically expansion packaged as new game.

MW3 was an expansion cobbled into a new game, but not because this one got an extra year of development, it is because the original plan was to support MW2 for two years. It didn't happen because MW2 was a such an unmitigated hunk of shit that players fell off it far faster than Activision thought they would.

NickFire

MW3 was an expansion cobbled into a new game, but not because this one got an extra year of development, it is because the original plan was to support MW2 for two years. It didn't happen because MW2 was a such an unmitigated hunk of shit that players fell off it far faster than Activision thought they would.
Oh. Isn‘t that basically the same thing? Two years of support is still two years for one game.

//DEVIL//

I mean… the graphics and the performance are really good for PC at 4090.

It even plays well on rog ally above 100 fps .

Also, next gen consoles only means ps5 and Xbox series x can’t lock the game at 120hz . And that is a deal breaker

They have a signed, legal agreement to bring COD to Switch 2, but it’s GP that’s the reason why it’s coming to last gen hardware?

🤣
This tells me Xbox no longer cares about console sales. A lot of Xbox gamers were hanging onto the belief that having COD on only current gen consoles this holiday would drive PS4 users to switch to Xbox. Microsoft doesn't even think it's worth the attempt. They throwing in the towel, imo

COD on Switch2 may just be Warzone and not the yearly releases. I don't know details of contract. I feel like it was broad wording though

Last edited:

XXL

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Audiophile

Was hoping to finally see a major technical leap in the franchise, but it ain't happening while tethered to HDDs with a guaranteed throughput of ~20MB/s and underclocked Jaguar CPUs.

Just the QoL possibilities alone across the UI/UX could be massive in streamlining the experience. More clunky bullshit it is..

Rbk_3

I mean… the graphics and the performance are really good for PC at 4090.

It even plays well on rog ally above 100 fps .

Also, next gen consoles only means ps5 and Xbox series x can’t lock the game at 120hz . And that is a deal breaker

Yeah most competitive guys are not even running high settings so the fact it is still on old gen, they don't care because it looks fine.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
A lot of life left in last gen PS4, some haven’t made the transition to PS5 and next gen yet.

nial

Gold Member
They have a signed, legal agreement to bring COD to Switch 2, but it’s GP that’s the reason why it’s coming to last gen hardware?

🤣
No comment on the other post, but this isn't coming to Switch 2, so, what does that have to do with anything?
It's not like they will be supporting PS4 and Xbox One forever, probably not even by next year when COD finally comes back to Nintendo hardware after 12 years.

GHound

Gold Member
I'd like to say I'm shocked but by the time eighth gen support is dropped for CoD last/old gen will be referring to this gen.

Mattyp

Gold Member
It's already one of the best looking competitive FPS multis on the market, 4K160 this game looks great and runs rock solid.

I honestly have no issue with this, it looks amazing on my 4090 and allows probably 75million people still out there the choice to keep playing it if they wished who most likely aren't in the financial position to enjoy a new console. Neogaf for the vast majority is rich western gamers.

No issue with the bros out there doing it bit tougher still getting to play this, CoDs played for fun with the mates not a visual TLoU fest.

Even once this goes next gen, the graphics aren't going to improve as much as people think. 120/160fps has always been the driver here

Last edited:

Braag

I like how MS and Sony talk about current gen starting to near its end soon. Here we are still getting cross gen titles.

It's already one of the best looking competitive FPS multis on the market, 4K160 this game looks great and runs rock solid.

I honestly have no issue with this, it looks amazing on my 4090 and allows probably 75million people still out there the choice to keep playing it if they wished who most likely aren't in the financial position to enjoy a new console. Neogaf for the vast majority is rich western gamers.

No issue with the bros out there doing it bit tougher still getting to play this, CoDs played for fun with the mates not a visual TLoU fest.

Even once this goes next gen, the graphics aren't going to improve as much as people think. 120/160fps has always been the driver here
It is the best that has come out for a while. Perfection actually if they got rid of sbmm and disbanding lobbies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is all but confirming a Gamepass release. These fuckers know they are going to need ALL the sales they can get after dropping on Gamepass aka Sales Killer.

Do you really think this wouldn't have been cross gen if it wasn't going to be on game pass?

Yet they wonder why so many gamers are still holding on to their antiquated PS4’s. Maybe they should put it on the Switch, PS3 and X360 as well?

Last edited:

hinch7

Pretty much. IW/MW Engine runs great no matter the build and scales really well with gear. From high end PC's down to lower tier ones and consoles. And making it more accessible on more systems is a good thing. Graphics are never really an issue for these types of competitive MP games anyways.

I'd be happy if we get similar visuals and performance as MW3, and can run over 200fps in MP with my current GPU. Assuming I can't get ahold of a 5080. And for consoles,120fps would be most ideal way to play.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

PS5 hasn’t come down in price so still lots still on last gen machines. I mean you could get a xbox series s, but it has no disc drive plus the future of Xbox in in question.

Ozzie666

PS4 is just a low spec PC at this point, not sure why people get so bent out of shape. PS4 still brings in sales and companies are smart to take advantage of that. Also, why not PS4, if Microsoft is going to force the game onto older XBOX system?

People are to free to gvie up money and profits that aren't theirs.

OuterLimits

History will look back at PS5 as something that can be skipped entirely. Just play on PS4 and PS6 lol

Especially with Sony doing mid generation pro consoles. I was finally going to ditch my PS4 Pro and get a PS5 but leaks of Sony once again doing a Pro this gen changed my plans. Now I will stick with the PS4 just a bit longer. I doubt I am the only one that will just wait each gen until the Pro versions release. I usually have a somewhat significant backlog so not a huge deal waiting really. Heck, I just recently bought Persona 3 Reload on my PS4 Pro since 30fps doesn't bother me much in a game with turn based battles.

Last edited:

Krieger

• PS4
  • PS4 Pro
  • PS5
  • PS5 Pro
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox One S
  • Xbox One X
  • Xbox Series S
  • Xbox Series X
  • PC
  • Switch 2
Something tells me developing 1 game to be playable on 11 different systems won't end well.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
This entire generation has been fucked by greedy cunts who don’t want to push the medium because they’ll earn less cash. That goes for both home console manufacturers.
Nvidia should start funding game projects so there is some use for their over priced gpus.... oh wait... :pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

• PS4
  • PS4 Pro
  • PS5
  • PS5 Pro
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox One S
  • Xbox One X
  • Xbox Series S
  • Xbox Series X
  • PC
  • Switch 2
Something tells me developing 1 game to be playable on 11 different systems won't end well.
I mean all previous cods atleast last 3 years were released for all these systems except switch 2 and they turned out ok tbh

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Please explain to me why it gets me excited hearing about a new COD coming to a current Nintendo console. I don't plan on buying a Switch 2, nor have I played COD since BO2.

Ozriel

M$FT
This tells me Xbox no longer cares about console sales. A lot of Xbox gamers were hanging onto the belief that having COD on only current gen consoles this holiday would drive PS4 users to switch to Xbox. Microsoft doesn't even think it's worth the attempt. They throwing in the towel, imo

I sincerely doubt a lot of people expected significant numbers of people jumping from PS4 to Xbox Series over multiplatform COD.

I believe most of the hope is over xbox COD bundles and Gamepass COD

COD on Switch2 may just be Warzone and not the yearly releases. I don't know details of contract. I feel like it was broad wording though

It’s the full COD experience, with parity with xbox and PlayStation.
Why wouldn’t it be? Switch 2 should likely run the game better than last gen consoles.

No comment on the other post, but this isn't coming to Switch 2, so, what does that have to do with anything?
It's not like they will be supporting PS4 and Xbox One forever, probably not even by next year when COD finally comes back to Nintendo hardware after 12 years.

Of course it’s coming to Switch 2. At launch, for sure.

Ozriel

M$FT
  • PS4
  • PS4 Pro
  • PS5
  • PS5 Pro
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox One S
  • Xbox One X
  • Xbox Series S
  • Xbox Series X
  • PC
  • Switch 2

Develop it to be playable on base Xbox One and it’s playable on 6 of those there.

Not you making a distinction between Xbox One and One S. you might as well add the PS5 digital as a separate SKU to develop for, while you’re at it 🤣

Goalus

MS going through with their promise to make Activision games available on as many platforms as possible. Everyone wins 💚

Top Bottom