• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade - One of the Greatest Movies Ever?

Blade is my favorite Marvel movie.
Blade 2 has one of my favorite movie soundtracks (with no slight at all to Blade's soundtrack, that too was godlike).
Blade 3 was dumb fun, but an obvious downgrade in most respects (lol Vampire Pomeranians)

Seriously though, the Blade 2 soundtrack is immaculate.

Adam Blue

I'll never let Blade 2 off the hook for the unforgivable sin of Vampires. Needing. Flashlights.

They're vampires! They are obligate nocturnal predators! They wear their sunglasses at night and it's no problem! I know it makes for cool, spooky mood when they're hunting the mutants, but it doesn't make any sense in vampire fiction.

They had the protection lenses on, as the UV light was really the only way to stop the reapers, since silver did nothing and their heart was in protective bone. They would pop off the lens when attacking the reapers. They did explain this, and even in the sewers they gave Whistler the night vision goggles.

Now, I know claiming a movie as "the greatest ever" is nearly impossible, even though there's a general consensus for films like The Godfather and Citizen Kane.

But Blade is very unique

One cannot have gradations of uniqueness. Something either is or is not unique.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Love both Blade 1 and 2 dearly. 3 was shite apart for Ryan Reynolds.

Blade 1 has my favourite one liner

*Kris Kristofferson burts in with mini gun*

"Catch you fuckers at a bad time? " *smiles*

I'm not going to say it's one of the greatest movies ever or anything, but Blade 1 is remarkably good and more than a little underappreciated. Definitely one of the better comic book films.

Also having rewatched it recently I think it holds up just fine. Some of the effects always looked a little low budget, even at release, and the movie doesn't really suffer for that.

I loved parts of Blade 2, but ultimately it just doesn't come together into cohesive greatness.

In a cool world full of sweet vampires, the generic frat boy villain was so generic and lame. I don't get what people see in this movie because the villain is so boring.

Oemenia

Banned
Saw this when I was young but man the atmosphere was just suffocating, loved it!

Also that opening sequence is still awesome.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I remember playing the Blade cassette tape with that techno track on my mini boom box. Rock out with your cock out.

Blade 2 needed more Donnie Yen.

tumblr_omtqrvjs1x1w2bdzmo6_250.gif

Adam Blue

I love how this thread turned out, and I love that there's a lot of love for Blade 2. I almost didn't make a thread because of how negative it can get around here, but I'm glad I did it!

Top Bottom